Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
ccassidy3284 is on a distinguished road
ccassidy3284's Tacoma Gallery
Talking New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?

Installed my new grillcraft this past weekend. Was a little crazy taking off the whole front end and going after my new truck with a sawzall. Kept old yota badge, painted it, double sided tape and slapped it back on. First big project I have ever done so it felt pretty rewarding (never took a saw to my camaro.....haha). I love the new look. cant wait for my lift, tires and black rims.

Also, the old badge had some tabs on it that fit perfectly in the grillcraft. However.......the badge is slightly rotated. I can notice it when staring at it but wasn't sure whether to take it off and get the tabs off and re-do it.......orrrrr I do kind of like those devil-horn tacoma badges.
Attached Thumbnails
New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?-new-truck-pics-001.jpg   New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?-new-truck-pics-012.jpg   New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?-new-truck-pics-013.jpg   New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?-new-truck-pics-014.jpg   New Grill Installed/ is crooked badge obvious?-new-truck-pics-010.jpg  

Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
oh yeah.........badge is also a little off-center by about 1/4-1/2 and inch. impossible to get it perfect with the tabs on the back of the badge. Still didn't think it was too obvious but i am a perfectionist so I will probably redo it next weekend.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
To me, yes it is noticeable. At a glance driving down the road probably not... but small details do annoy my personally on my rides.

Still, looks great though man
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
Talking eh

looks good enough but yea you can tell.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
dirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to beholddirtytaco2010 is a splendid one to behold
EMS: paramedic
dirtytaco2010's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i can barely tell your radiator showing through is what shows the imbalance may be an optical illusion measure it redo it if you want but i still think it looks sick
Old 10-04-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
that looks real good, now I know what grill I will be putting on my truck. I wouldn't have noticed the crooked emblem if you didn't mention it. When you know what your looking for, it's easy to find!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Snap off the tabs and use a hot glue gun ..... the glue will kind of lock into the mesh ... and if it doesn't work the hot glue comes off easy.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Awesome idea dude. Didn't think of that......the 3m tape is a pain to cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
Snap off the tabs and use a hot glue gun ..... the glue will kind of lock into the mesh ... and if it doesn't work the hot glue comes off easy.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #9
Blaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlaktak is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
Blaktak's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same with my emblem on my grillcraft... Just make sure the top two tabs are on the same row... you might have to cut a bit off to make them smaller... I also counted the the holes from left to right to make sure they lined up in the middle (Its still off from left to right, but having them on the same row prevents the rotation...)

Here's a pic

Old 10-05-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Thanks. yeah did the whole counting thing so I know what you are talking about. I thing I will take off the bottom tab this weekend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaktak View Post
I did the same with my emblem on my grillcraft... Just make sure the top two tabs are on the same row... you might have to cut a bit off to make them smaller... I also counted the the holes from left to right to make sure they lined up in the middle (Its still off from left to right, but having them on the same row prevents the rotation...)

Here's a pic

Old 10-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i would'nt sleep or eat till that was fixed.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808TRDTaco10 View Post
If you didn't say that it was crooked then I wouldn't have noticed...but yea I guess it is...a little. Looks good though!

x1
Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 AM   #15
JoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud ofJoePa Fan has much to be proud of

Air Force: Retired MSgt
Name: Whip
JoePa Fan's Tacoma Gallery
The grill looks awesome and I probably would not have noticed the emblem if you hadn't mentioned it.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #16
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like it was crooked on the original
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 AM   #17
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainEarth View Post
It looks like it was crooked on the original
x2

Hot glue is also a very good idea. Then it doesn't matter where the mounting holes are.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:12 AM   #18
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt have noticed the crooked badge until you pointed it out
Old 10-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #19
Jimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the roughJimsc is a jewel in the rough
Name: Jim
Jimsc's Tacoma Gallery
Would look better with a crome badge.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #20
zebra1550 will become famous soon enoughzebra1550 will become famous soon enough

Army: Staff Sergeant, 95B, 530th MP BN
zebra1550's Tacoma Gallery
I'd leave the Toyota emblem off completely and just go with the TRD badge, to have both looks a little cluttered.