Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6 spoke trail team edition rims in 16"

Old 10-04-2010, 11:57 PM   #1
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
6 spoke trail team edition rims in 16"

I found some replicas online for 995$ Has anyone just bought the silver or gunmetal ones and just gotten them coated?? Is it possible to buy those black center caps??? Help me find these guys you guys are awesome!!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
tacos is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
tacos's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the silver ones and had them powder coated satin black. IMO they look great. I did have to sand down where the wheel meets the hub b/c the guy did not tape that off but it wasn't a big deal. I sanded the center caps lightly then to keep the red TRD in the middle I filled each letter in with a wax crayon then resanded the top to remove any wax from that wasn't in the TRD. After 3 coats of paint and dry time I scraped out the wax with a pocket screwdriver. It was more work than just buying them but easier than trying to locate original TTs.