1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Take It Easy" Road Trip around USA

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blackghost, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Oct 6, 2010 at 5:16 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

What he said :D

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 5:38 AM
    Blackened Taco

Blackened Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC 4WD TRD Sport Tacoma Speedway Blue
    3 inch suspension lift, 16 inch TRD FJ Cruiser black alloys, 33 X 12.5/16 Swamper Trxus M/T, Line-Xed Toyota skid plate, TRD exhaust, TRD cold air intake, Full tint to match factory tint, In channel wind deflectors, Custom wired hidden XM, Black shorty antenna, Black background headlights, Sockmonkey TRD decals, Kenwood 5120 HU with navigation, Boston Acoustic SL60 front compnonent speakers, SL65 rear speakers, Grillcraft lower mesh grille, Black badging, AromorTech Offroad rear bumper and rear shackle flip kit Access tonnosprt cover, 12 volt power adapter wired in under the dash for standard plug in items. Recently added Devil Horn Toyota Logo, Thanks Andres.

I am glad to see you take advantage of the beautiful parts of this country and enjoy them. So many people feel you have to go overseas to see some of the things that are in our backyards. Sounds like you two had a great time. I am sure the Tacoma loved being able to get and run too. :D

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 5:39 AM
    Aggie97

Aggie97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner
    custom tan leather seats, bed track system bike rack, Vision Warrior wheels, smittybilt nerf bars, Extang BlackMax tonneau cover.
    Awesome pics!

I'm jealous. Been a while (and will continue to be a while longer) since I've done a serious road trip.

One of the better ones I did with my wife was about 12 years ago...loaded up the Subaru Outback and headed to Colorado where we pretty much covered most of the state...camping, hiking, moutain biking, white water rafting, Royal Gorge, biked down Pikes Peak. Put about 3,600 miles on the car on that trip.

I love road trips.

4. Oct 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Your pictorial is worth a million words!
    Thanks for sharing your adventure & experience.
    When I was just out of college, I camped across the US, from Vermont to Santa Cruz, CA & back. Then I joined the Army.
    Simon & I are planning another adventure soon. Your trip is an inspiration. Thanks again for the a great thread.

5. Oct 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sounds like a fun trip.

Ive been on a trip from Houston, to DC, to NY, and then to canada.

Boy did border people get a kick out of seeing texas plates on a toyota sienna hahaha. :D

When we were going to florida, our stupid old Dodge RAM Van (from the late 90s) didnt even make it to the texas/louisana border and broke down!

Products Discussed in

To Top