LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need a solution - carrying bikes in bed with toolbox?

Old 10-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
ChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the roughChaseUA is a jewel in the rough
Name: Chase
ChaseUA's Tacoma Gallery
Need a solution - carrying bikes in bed with toolbox?

I have an Access Cab and currently have the UWS low-profile box on it. My wife and I are starting to get into biking and I am wondering if there are any good solutions out there for carrying two bicycles in the bed without removing the toolbox.

I know you guys on here are the masters of creativity so I am looking for any feasible solutions!

I know I can get a trailer hitcher carrier, but that is not ideal.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Pick up one of these and bolt it to the toolbox. I just picked one up from REI this weekend and will be going on the factory bedrails.

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Bike-Hit.../dp/B000ACAM7E
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Pick up one of these and bolt it to the toolbox. I just picked one up from REI this weekend and will be going on the factory bedrails.

x2, bolt it to either the front or lid of the tool box (I'd use the front unless you want to keep your tailgate up).

Otherwise, there are lots of hitch-mount bike carriers that work great. I have a Thule 2 bike carrier that fits in a class 3 receiver. Or you can get bed bars that go across the truck and mount the bike carriers to them so the bikes sit above the bed.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
dakine truck pad and just hand them over your tail gate. I've had 5 downhill bikes on my tail gate no problem even up bumpy forest roads
Old 10-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post

Beat me to it...............but a definite yes!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
fjm0008 has a spectacular aura aboutfjm0008 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jack
fjm0008's Tacoma Gallery
You can mount a Yakima rack to the bed rails.
Check out page 2 Breakcontact. He has some photos. I did the exact same thing with mine. The rack is great and is behind my UWS box.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-rails-2.html