Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP on Horn Re-locate w/ supercharger

Old 10-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation HELP on Horn Re-locate w/ supercharger

Hi all,

I've done quite a bit of searching and haven't found a solution to this. I just did a satoshi and wanna relocate my horns now, however, the standard location to do so.....

isn't an option because the intercooler pump for my SC sits there....

I've seen an alternate location behind the battery like this:

But I can't do that either, more SC apparatus:

Anyone with a SC and satoshi have any info on where I might move those things? Thanks, WTB
Old 10-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Essay procrastination bump
Old 10-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
try looking up inside the front bumper behind the fog lights. I think there is a bracket or 2 up under there you can mount them to...
Old 11-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Give 'er

trying to revive this....still haven't found a spot, I looked up under the bumper, none of the threaded holes fit the horn mounting bolts
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
i took mine and used the single bolt in front bumper right in the middle, i took both horn brackets and used the one hole
Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
sirnick365 is on a distinguished road
Name: nick
sirnick365's Tacoma Gallery
You guys know what size bolts and thread are used for the interior hood side mounts? Installing some supermarket electronic stuff and would like to know before buying.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Native Son
Cape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCape Codder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack
Cape Codder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post

I've seen an alternate location behind the battery like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnick365 View Post
You guys know what size bolts and thread are used for the interior hood side mounts? Installing some supermarket electronic stuff and would like to know before buying.
If your talking about the two holding the horns in the pic above, which are located on the side wall behind the battery and fuse box are 8mm (M8) x 1.25 pitch

CC
Old 04-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #9
sirnick365 is on a distinguished road
Name: nick
sirnick365's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks much.... you are correct. All is going well now on my project.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
The option I used was up under the lower bumper, driver side opposite the fog light but same height off the ground. There are 2 black 10mm screws there, lots of room, and away from dirty/debris.

I'll add a pic later. I do agree the relocation issue with the supercharger makes this slightly more annoying, but can be done without rerouting much wiring at all.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #11
Sparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Sparky73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
The option I used was up under the lower bumper, driver side opposite the fog light but same height off the ground. There are 2 black 10mm screws there, lots of room, and away from dirty/debris.

I'll add a pic later. I do agree the relocation issue with the supercharger makes this slightly more annoying, but can be done without rerouting much wiring at all.
I'm guessing the OP figured it out about 26 months ago....
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky73 View Post
I'm guessing the OP figured it out about 26 months ago....
No shit sherlock, but when you search the issue there isn't much about any resolution to the issue, so now there is at least one option that works that is searchable on TW.

So there