Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OME 885

Old 10-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
cvs08taco has a spectacular aura aboutcvs08taco has a spectacular aura aboutcvs08taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Casey
cvs08taco's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885

I am think about installing OME 885's on my truck. Will I need to buy upgraded control arms for them as well?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Double cab, probably not.

Hijack: I really like those Buckshot wheels; thought hard about getting them when I ordered mine, but didn't think they were available in the 17" size.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
For best results, get OME shocks, or Bilstien 5100's. You will need some aftermarket UCAs to get the alignment in check.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
You will need some aftermarket UCAs to get the alignment in check.
Ya really think? 885s make my std cab 4 cyl 5sp sit high enough that my alignment may be whacked (won't no for sure till after I get it aligned when my new tires & wheels arrive) but he's got a double cab I assume with the V6, - that's at least like 500lbs heavier.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Ya really think? 885s make my std cab 4 cyl 5sp sit high enough that my alignment may be whacked (won't no for sure till after I get it aligned when my new tires & wheels arrive) but he's got a double cab I assume with the V6, - that's at least like 500lbs heavier.
I was running my 885's on my truck and needed different UCA's to get the alignment back. The 885's will lift between 2.5 and 3". Anything over about 2" and your gonna need new UCA's.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
^x2
Old 10-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
SilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to beholdSilverStreak05 is a splendid one to behold
SilverStreak05's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure most people will tell you that you need them, but I disagree.

I ran my Donahoe coilovers at 2" for about 4 years and never had a problem getting the alignment into spec. Now I have them cranked up to about 3" the caster can't be brought into line making the truck wander a bit when driving, most notably on the freeway, but it doesn't bother me. It doesn't affect the wear on the tires at all.

The guy doing your alignment can make a big difference too. Big chain store tire places can be hit or miss. I happen to use a shop that does everything by hand using plumbs and levels, no computers.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
SO, say you get the 885's. And 5100's. And you add say a RelentlessFab bumper to it to compress the front a bit. Still think you need to CA's? I ask because im going this route eventually.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #9

Yes.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I played it safe when I got my 885's with 5100's, I also bought a set of TC UCA's as well.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #11
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
It's always the most fun to buy the most toys.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running my 885s with the top spacer for 20k on stock UCAs...but I have a good align guy.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
I've been running my 885s with the top spacer for 20k on stock UCAs...but I have a good align guy.
I'd like to see your print out. I would bet your Caster is way out.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #14
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I'd like to see your print out. I would bet your Caster is way out.
I'd like to as well, if your numbers are good ill just use 885s and billies and ditch my spacers.