EXPI is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Roswell Ground Support 61
EXPI's Tacoma Gallery
Tow Hitch

I've got a 2009 Taco, came with a rear view camera already wired which
I installed. I now want a tow hitch, went to Toyota Dealer who wanted
a little over $500 to install and about $450 for all the parts. Is there a
place where I can buy one some what cheaper. I think I can install it
myself. Also where is the wiring hookup under the bed, someone called it a pick.

Thanks for all who read and advise.

Ron
Old 10-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
Location: Wisconsin, Hawaii, California, North Carolina...everywhere
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
i just sold mine for $50. Look for a used one.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXPI View Post
I've got a 2009 Taco, came with a rear view camera already wired which
I installed. I now want a tow hitch, went to Toyota Dealer who wanted
a little over $500 to install and about $450 for all the parts. Is there a
place where I can buy one some what cheaper. I think I can install it
myself. Also where is the wiring hookup under the bed, someone called it a pick.

Thanks for all who read and advise.

Ron
I will give you my trailer hitch, if you buy me an Allpro rear bumper.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can find them all over the place. Autoanything.com, JC Whitney, Uhaul. Just make sure you get a reputable brand (Uhaul, Reese, Hidden Hitch). Install is very easy if you're good with basic hand tools (can't remember if it requires a torque wrench or not). The wiring can be a little more involved depending on what you're looking for. You can purchase a harness that plugs into your tail lights and gives you a 4 pin connection for a trailer (brakes, running lights and directionals, no brakes or power). If you want a 7 pin connection, you'll need to wire a brake controler and a power wire.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
akdisney is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Alan
akdisney's Tacoma Gallery
Are you near a place that sale RV parts or camping world?
there are place on-line you can buy Tow hitch.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
U-Haul is everywhere and they are not too expensive. Easy to install. Just a straight bolt on I'm pretty sure.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
this guy is selling a hitch
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ff-4-sale.html