1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

found mouse shit on my battery

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by donovan6241, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    TacoTurd

TacoTurd Defying Alliances since 2007

Member:
    Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Bull Bar, PIAA lights, Passport, Bed Mat, UWS Toolbox, Hood Struts, Rear TSB, TRD/Okole Seat Covers, Hellwig Rear Sway Bar, Burned Carpet, Nasty Dent in Roof
    Traps and cats. Not your high-falootin siamese prima donnas, just good ole american tabbies. Underfed, those things are killing machines.

I live on acreage in the countryside and we have LOTS of field mice. Big problem for storing tractors. We always keep at least two cats. Works so well that hawks and owls don't hunt my property anymore.

Poison bait is a generally bad idea in an outdoor setting, esp. in the suburbs.

Oh, I am also a licensed pest control operator. This is a interesting place to get pest control advice. Anybody know a legal way to get rid of a mountain lion.

(no, I'm not kidding) :(

2. Oct 7, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    get a lion tag and kill it

3. Oct 7, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    are you outside the city limits? Shoot it. Last time I checked you could kill them on your property. Call your local game warden to find out for sure, they will know or might even be happy to come bag it for you :D

4. Oct 7, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    Blaktak

Blaktak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    2007 Sport
    Working on It!
    I have this problem as well... put poison all over the place no more mice =]

5. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    J Mill

J Mill Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Racine, Wi
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 DC LB
    Mice are no joke. Wife said her car was down on power. Took it for a test drive and sure enough it was a dog. Opened up the airbox to check the filter and it was packed to the top with birdseed. Two days later she fired up the heater and the fan ate him. The little guy climbed out and slid off the hood dead. Car stunk like mouse piss for weeks after because he built a nest behind the heater core.

As a side note I think Toyota built the Avalon around the heater core.

6. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    05tacoSPORT

05tacoSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    Geared and Locked
    :mad: I had a damn mouse in my honda and when deer season rolled around my headlights didn't work. I spent $55 on new bulbs and found that the little shit ate all the wires for the lights:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: I WOULD PUT 5LBS OF RAT POISON IN THE TRUCK

7. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:18 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    DAMN some of you guys have gotten the shitty end of the stick with this mouse problem.

:eek: Ima go check my truck now!!

8. Oct 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    toyotatacomaTRD

toyotatacomaTRD Senior Member

Member:
    I looked through the posts and hadn't seen if anyone asked if you are parking indoors or outdoors?

We had some mice in our garage a few years ago.. D-Con makes a really good trap... I would go out there and find a dead mouse about every hour it seemed like. The problem was over in a weekend.

http://www.d-conproducts.com/traps/images/ultraset-pshot.jpg

9. Oct 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM
    donovan6241

donovan6241 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport Double Cab Long Bed
    i park in the driveway. mi dad has a benz s550 in the garage and hes pissed off cuzz its got rat shit n piss under the hood too. its a $80,000 and hes really worried about it.

10. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    shit i would be too

11. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:06 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    Are you in socal? i didn't know we had this problem here. How the hell did you catch two mice so fast? I have a million rats around my house, i've been trying for months to catch/kill them and haven't seen any dead yet......

12. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM
    donovan6241

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    yaa.. i took the benz to our mechanic today, and he check it out and said all the wires and hoses are fine. he said its got like 30 sensors, is anything it cut,, it will tell me.

13. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:15 PM
    donovan6241

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    yeaa.. the thing is i live on a big mountain, and were close to a lake, and that where they come from. when we first moved here like 10 years ago, no joke- we would catch like 5 a day.. put out a couple of grue traps with peanut butter and that should get them.

14. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:16 PM
    donovan6241

Member:
    First Name:
    Donovan
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    lmaooooo.. i sprayed wd-40 all over one of them i caught..lmaoooooooooooooooooo

15. Oct 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM
    drewskie

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    I do, but they aren't under there. There's an orange tree in the yard, they love it. It's a rented house and the owner won't let me chop the tree. I think those mini bear traps are in order.

16. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:39 AM
    Shawneily

Shawneily "Its go time, baby!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    95 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L
    CBI Rock Sliders, 31x10.15 BF Goodrich KM2's, Stock everything else.
    this is sad, I have owned 4 rats as pets...they are awesome and damn smart. When my cat was chasing a mouse in our house, I scolded the cat (harshly) and caught the mouse and put it back outside...I just cant get myself to harm a rat or mouse...

On a more positive note, spiders..I kill those bastards everytime I have a chance....

17. Oct 8, 2010 at 12:48 AM
    drewskie

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    I think these types and the pet types are different, the ones I am talking about are nasty, and diseased lil critters.

18. Oct 8, 2010 at 1:37 AM
    NewMexiTaco

NewMexiTaco Abron Cabron

Member:
    First Name:
    Abraham
    Santa Fe, NM
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport
    Weathertech mats; Wet Okole seat covers; Kobalt Lowpro truck box,(sitting in the shed) Snugtop Hi-liner camper shell; AFE Pro Dry air filter, Tailgate Hoseclamp mod; 5100s all around, Light Racing UCAs, OME 885 coils, OME Dakar Leafs, CB Drop, Driveline spacer. Epoxy Satoshi; Redline Hood Struts. 4x Mil Spec. bed D rings; Brute Force Fab custom DCLB Hybrid Sliders, ARB w/ Warn M8000 wench, Diff Breather mod, Alpine Deck w/ ipod cable. Iphone ziptie to rearview mirror 4wd-cam mod!
    Heres my rant:rant: :censored::rant::bananadead:

So I bought property in f@#$g Rodent heaven apparently. Every house sits on 1-4 acres of high altitude desert....[​IMG] my local flora and fauna is Pinon, juniper, Cactus, weeds, mice, gophers and coyotes. I actually caught a tarantula last week on my property to show my girls...[​IMG]

So because of all the open space, there is ALWAYS going to be plenty of rodent habitat. Apparently El Dorado (the subdivision or whatever) has the highest incidence of plague in the US. F@#%n Hell. I hear coyotes howling and yiping every night just about, And I actually root for them cause they eat the little bastards!!! the more the merrier. And they wont eat my cat cause we dont have one...(wifes got allergies)
    Despite all that It's actually a really nice quiet place to live with a good school, bike paths, it's out of town, yada yada. I call it the great white Rez, or Anglorado. its pretty middle class, and pretty much every ones old (er then me) except for their freeloading kids...

So The little bastards get into EVERYTHING. We remodeled our house when we first got it, (fixer upper, the only way I even got in around here) and they tunneled through stucco, drywall, fiberglass, up into the roof, behind the kitchen sink. it was nasty. Needless to say, I was FReaked out about my new purchase, and we spent a lot of time and effort sealing the stucco, and sanitizing, vacuuming, bleaching and removing everything inside. as much as possible. (all houses have shit behind the walls you dont want to see....:eek:) our house has been great for two years... no mice inside, even with a dogdoor thats got to be pretty easy access.

But back to the relevant thing here... We have a couple cars that are parked outside and they have definitely killed them. We have a 1981 monte carlo that drove fine a year ago, and it's deader than shit now,(wiring) and an old BMW M5 that needed $600 to repair recently (cant say it was the mice, it is the lack of humidity that dried out a bunch of breather hoses, which have to come from F$%^n Germany.) and even that doesnt phase me too much....I just want to get rid of those rides. I call it my white trash problem.

But Damned if there wasn't a Pinche Raton in my Taco last week. It was parked for a few days cause we just had a baby at home, the first time I noticed the smell when I turned on the AC vents, and I popped the hood and looked around... found that although no wires were chewed, the little bastard had dug into the firewall (fiberglass BS) on the passenger side and dropped right into the vents... I cleaned out the cabin airfilter, and I actually had to replace it, cause there was a nest and a bunch of droppings in it. and Then I actually found him in my truck, a couple days later. I think it was stuck in my cab, cause there was a couple droppings every where he explored. ontop of the head rests, dash board, seats, floor, the little stash drawer/pocket WTFever you call it below the headlights on the dash where a pack of gum was... I lifted up the back seat to look under there and there he was, chewed a hole in the carpeting to get to a peanut. (UNDER the carpet...I clean my rig every week!!!)
    Needless to say I am still irate about it. at least the the little fucker scurried away in a hurry and hes out of my truck, (I tried to stomp him but wasnt fast enough obviously). My problem now is the hole in the firewall, and not knowing what all is in the vents. I already vacuumed everywhere twice, including in the heater fan below the cabin air filter, which has been replaced (made one from a furnace filter at Target. They wanted $30.00 at pepboys!!!) gonna wash the weather techs too..:mad: oh and they do love the wiper fluid. cause they chewed through that hose too, earlier this summer. I forgot about that.
    [​IMG]
    I am going to try the mothball/clove thing and some of the other good ideas... for all of our cars...Holy crap It makes me mad!!! almost mad enough buy the wife some benedryl, deal with cathair on everything, and decapitated lizards and birds on the throwrugs every morning.

Oh... and who in the Fuck makes a Firewall out of FABRIC!!?? [​IMG]
    Rant over... night all.. :rant:

19. Oct 8, 2010 at 2:28 AM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Yuck.. god I hate spiders.