Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What exactly is the TSS package on our Tacomas?

Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
don't quote me, but I think the TSS has 20 inch toyota rims, Borla exhaust, chrome tube sides, and an upgraded JBL stereo.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:07 AM   #3
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
don't quote me, but I think the TSS has 20 inch toyota rims, Borla exhaust, chrome tube sides, and an upgraded JBL stereo.
i just did!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
i just did!
3..2..1..off topic, and go!

I can fix this problem if I want to.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
i thought all that was the "x-sp" package.....or is only for the tundra???
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i thought all that was the "x-sp" package.....or is only for the tundra???
Almost the same. It's just from a different region. X-SP is from Southeast Toyota and has different wheels.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 AM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
Almost the same. It's just from a different region. X-SP is from Southeast Toyota and has different wheels.
oh,ok. cool.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
LRH is on a distinguished road
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Yeah I would like to see some of these pics as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought you were the one who had seen them on the local lot...??
Old 07-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #13
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Just from the outside, they locked the only one they had on the lot. They don't have a wide variety of Tacomas to choose from. The most I have seen on a lot at one time is 7 and they are usually all about the same, the Base model, TRD sport and Offroad, and the rest are repeats, and the 1 TSS I saw a few years ago. While we were camping I saw 2 of them but they were leaving and I didn't have the chance to talk with the owners.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
The ones I saw years ago (on 1st series) just had some alloy wheels with 1 up tires and tape stripes, nothing differing about interior. SET had a pkg, I think is was SST or similar and it was generic alloys in lieu of painted wheels/full wheel covers and more tape stripe for about a grand, with a group pkg discount of $200.00 for $800.00 total. Some had multi color laser stripes and wood shift knobs and the wheels/tires, chrome tag frame(s) for even more money. They were mostly packages to dress up the most bland, basic models, and did not represent a good dollar value for what was received. Some got generic, ill fitting floor mats as a bonus. A method of getting more money out of a loss leader base model, that might have had only a few hundred dollars profit at full window sticker.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 AM   #15
rachunter will become famous soon enough
rachunter's Tacoma Gallery
I do not think the "TSS" is a Toyota factory package it is a dealer or port added option, am I right on that?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #16
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Correct, it is not a factory pkg.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Here are pics of the TSS tacoma:

tacomaworld.com member allensmith31786's TSS Tacoma:

Old 07-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #19
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
So its the same as they do with the lifted factory Tacoma's. They pick a few and truck them to Virginia to have the spacers installed. Atleast that is how they do it here. I asked why and was told thats just how they do it. Back on track this is the way they handle the TSS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It would not seem very cost effective to ship trucks many miles away just to have spacers installed. And there are no factory lifted Tacoma's per se, just 2 major chassis designs with different suspension setup and tire sizes; Toyota does not alter height with spacers.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #20
LRH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
tacomaworld.com member allensmith31786's TSS Tacoma:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a kinda rare, hard to find base model DC, I have only seen a few before with the pebble grain black flares, bumper cover, and dark grey grille. The dealer was probably trying to make it blend in with all the TRD's on the lot. A natural gas company out of TX or LA has a couple around, in addition to the above mentioned trim; they also had no deep tint glass, no rear sliding window, no intermittent wipers, P245/75-16's on steelies, but due to low volume build quantities they have the SR5 seat fabric, and power windows/locks/mirrors. I knew someone who wanted one, and even though they are listed in the brochure, SET would not order one even as a special order. I have seen a few listed at dealers in the GST zones back in 06-07