LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day

Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

ChopperCam's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day

So its thanksgiving here in Canada, which means im off work. so I ditched the girlfriend, headed out to the garage and did some mods. So here whats done:
Blacked Out headlight Mod
Anti theft on the tailgate
Yellow fog lights
Raamat and ensolite (drivers door only) too many beers, will finish the whole truck later.
Fog light on anytime mod

Thanks to everyone on here for the great post that helped me (im new on here and hooked to TW) and I need to post lots so I can get onto TW live...ha
Attached Thumbnails
Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2854.jpg   Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2856.jpg   Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2859.jpg   Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2862.jpg   Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2864.jpg  

Turkey Day in Canada=Mod day-img_2866.jpg  
Old 10-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
The front of your truck looks badass! Good job.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Truck Noob
MaxPower is on a distinguished road

Name: Cezar
MaxPower's Tacoma Gallery
aside from buying new headlights, how can you black out the existing lights?

and, how do you yellow the fogs?

diggin the truck btw. i almost went with a black one, but my last vehicle was black, and it annoyed me to no end seeing every ding/scratch and bit of dirt on it.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post

diggin the truck btw. i almost went with a black one, but my last vehicle was black, and it annoyed me to no end seeing every ding/scratch and bit of dirt on it.

Search for BHLM ( blackout headlight mod )
Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
ChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud ofChopperCam has much to be proud of

Just search black out headlight mod, there is step by step directions with some nice pic's. The yellow fogs are from Lamin-x. I just did them so will keep you updated on how they work...still not convinced the yellow film on them will hold up.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #7
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Thanksgiving op!

Truck looks good, but I can't get my head around why people would want to have yellow fog lights???
It just looks off to me and doesn't match with the rest of the truck
Old 10-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
Diablo is on a distinguished road

Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Happy Thanksgiving op!

Truck looks good, but I can't get my head around why people would want to have yellow fog lights???
It just looks off to me and doesn't match with the rest of the truck
Something about the colour of the light working better in fog and low light conditions I think, Im sure someone can comment.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #9

Im still undecided about the yellow as well. I will try them out when the weather gets bad here, and decide from there. I read somewhere that the yellow fog is much better in fog. It is Canada, im sure the weather will go to sh*t very soon. The nice thing about that Lamin-x stuff is you can just peal it right off if you dont like it. Here is a link to the fog covers,
http://www.lamin-x.com/Toyota-Tacoma...ers-p/t112.htm
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #10
inouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shedinouk is one of the sharper tools in the shed
inouk's Tacoma Gallery
Nice mods!

yellow fogs light *seems* better in bad weather simply because the output light is reduced because of the tint.

white fogs light is as good as yellow fogs light as long as they have the same output light.

This is my opinion
Old 10-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...light-mod.html
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah..turkey day...the other thing is Leafs are 2wins 0 losses..lolol!! I heard on the radio last week that its not the "beginning of hockey season in Toronto...its 175 days til baseball season!!"
Happy T'giving everyone!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Happy t-giving all. I get the honour of working tonight

Oh well, I guess it makes up for it since I called out yesterday for work
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #14
2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed2chains is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2chains's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCam View Post
So its thanksgiving here in Canada, which means im off work. so I ditched the girlfriend, headed out to the garage and did some mods. So here whats done:
Blacked Out headlight Mod
Anti theft on the tailgate
Yellow fog lights
Raamat and ensolite (drivers door only) too many beers, will finish the whole truck later.
Fog light on anytime mod

Thanks to everyone on here for the great post that helped me (im new on here and hooked to TW) and I need to post lots so I can get onto TW live...ha
Front of your truck looks great...Are those BFG tires? How do they perform in our Calgary winters?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Nice to see one Canadian taco owner got some work done today. I planned on polishing/waxing my '08 today, but rain has kept me indoors, drinking beer, and responding to week-old emails all day.

Nicely done man. Now go eat a bird!

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Canucks!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Happy Thanksgiving, nice looking truck, love the black look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chains View Post
Front of your truck looks great...Are those BFG tires? How do they perform in our Calgary winters?
I can comment on this also, I have been running the BFG A/T's for over 70,000 kms in all kind of weather and they have held up great in snow, ice, highway, city, and off road.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM   #17

The BFG's are ok, I drive about 500km to work every few weeks and they kinda suck on ice covered hwy's. Other than that there good. I had them since 07 when the truck was new and they are just about in need of replacement. I managed to get 90,000km out of them which is weird for BFG's, every other set I have had only last 50,000km before they bulge out, the tread separates or something. Im not going to get them again though, still researching what to get. Any ideas? I need the biggest tire I get fit on there,lol