Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma or FJ

Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM   #1
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma or FJ

When you were in the market for your Tacoma, was anyone debating between it and the FJ Cruiser? I was torn, but ultimately went with the Tacoma. I stopped by my dealer today to pick up an '09 brochure for my father in law (they gave me an '08 brochure as well since they never had any when I bought mine) and to look at the '09s in person. My sales person told me that it was rumored that they might stop production on the FJ...? Any insiders heard this?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
ahahahahahha. when i bought my 06 they told me the same thing. "this is the only year of the fj, its a collectors, blah blah
Old 07-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i looked at the fj.......but i was gonna get a tacoma anyway when i got the 06 i had. people(including myself) really like the fj's.........i dont think they are going anywhere soon!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Well that rumor to me isnt true, i know the tundra and the sequoia have stopped production not the fj and from what i hear they might put a diesel engine in the fj in a couple of years just from what i have heard.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Well that rumor to me isnt true, i know the tundra and the sequoia have stopped production not the fj and from what i hear they might put a diesel engine in the fj in a couple of years just from what i have heard.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #6
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
I thought that the "rumor" might be to get more money for the FJs (collectors, etc...), but then she showed me two new Voodoo blue '07 4X4 FJ Cruisers that they still couldn't sell, not the mention all the '08s
Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

let me correct myself i wont be a diesel i will be a v8 engine sorry for the confusion. but if they cant sell i doubt that will happen gas prices wouldnt let the v8 fj reality
Old 07-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
let me correct myself i wont be a diesel i will be a v8 engine sorry for the confusion.

aaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! u had me going!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

yeah my bad its my wishfull thinking!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I do a lot of hanging out on the FJ Forums and the Diesel/V8 thing is all rumour. I'd be surprised if there was a grain of truth to that.

I looked very hard at the FJ. I really wanted one. Voodoo Blue 4x4 base model. I wanted the truck bed so I got the Taco. If I could own one and my Taco, I would.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #11
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
they have ther 09 brochsure on the tacoma???
I like the FJ too but the blindsport is SO HARDCORE!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
A friend at work traded his 04 4 dr taco for the FJ, and he really likes it, but had to buy a trailer to get the work done. I love 'um but needed the bed.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:17 PM   #13
Founder Socaltacomas.com

your right its all rumor till it happens.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #14
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I came from an FJ Cruiser. Great truck. Novelty wore off after a year. Plus I really like having 4 doors and a bed to throw stuff in.

I traded an f150 for the FJ and was sold on Toyotas. Tacoma seemed like an obvious choice since I missed having a truck.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #15
ED R will become famous soon enough
ED R's Tacoma Gallery
The FJ seems like a real kidney-crusher to me.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:35 PM   #16
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
FJ needs higher octane

I was looking towards the FJ too, until the deal told me the FJ always needs higher octane all the time. i believe its also in the FJ manual. well with gas prices so high, i think 87 octane will do for me...at least i have the choice of higher octane if i need it but if i don't 87 works fine on the tacoma. so that was one big reason for me.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:36 PM   #17
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
I was looking towards the FJ too, until the deal told me the FJ always needs higher octane all the time. i believe its also in the FJ manual. well with gas prices so high, i think 87 octane will do for me...at least i have the choice of higher octane if i need it but if i don't 87 works fine on the tacoma. so that was one big reason for me.

why is this??? the fj has the same 4.0 that the tacoma has
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
StompinStu is on a distinguished road

StompinStu's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking hard at a used FJ, ended up buying my used 06 Tacoma. The deciding factor was the high-octane fuel, and decreased utility.

Look at the Tundra's and Sequoia's as to what the future holds for the FJ. Too few units produced to make them viable, let alone throw in a diesel, V-8, or whatever the rumor of the month is. They too, will get shut down, or radically overhauled.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:51 PM   #19
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
why is this??? the fj has the same 4.0 that the tacoma has
I have no idea the exact reasons but he did say something about the FJ's engine just required it. I don't know if he was bullshitting but the FJ is more expensive so if so he talked himself out of a bigger commission.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #20
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
I have no idea the exact reasons but he did say something about the FJ's engine just required it. I don't know if he was bullshitting but the FJ is more expensive so if so he talked himself out of a bigger commission.

i know its more expensive cuz the kind of suspension it has... that thing sticks to the ground