Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRDParts4U and ToyotaParts.com

Old 10-11-2010, 06:54 AM   #1
BMBIG will become famous soon enoughBMBIG will become famous soon enough
Name: Bryan
BMBIG's Tacoma Gallery
TRDParts4U and ToyotaParts.com

Question for anyone who has used these web sites...do you get an invoice from their actual dealerships? Let me elaborate;

It is my understanding that these 2 web sites (and others like them) are actually Toyota Dealerships Parts Departments. In this case, Toyota of Dallas and Metro Toyota Kalamazoo, respectively.

The situation I've got, is that Toyota corporate sent me a $250 "voucher" to use on toyota parts/accessories. The fine print says I need to pay for the accessories myself, and mail them the dealer invoice. Then they will mail me a reimburement check.

That is all well and good except that Toyota parts and accessories cost twice as much at the dealerships compared to websites like ToyotaParts.com. For example I'd like to buy the Satelite radio receiver/adapter, which costs $400 at dealership. On TRDParts4U it costs $200.

I'm wondering if Toyota Corporate will even be able to tell the difference If the receipt I send them has a dealership on it.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 10-11-2010, 06:59 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Think your best bet is to contact a rep from one of the sites.

I've never used Toyotaparts but have worked with Jacque at Trdparts4u before. Give him a call and see what he can do for you.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
BMBIG will become famous soon enoughBMBIG will become famous soon enough
Name: Bryan
BMBIG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Think your best bet is to contact a rep from one of the sites.

I've never used Toyotaparts but have worked with Jacque at Trdparts4u before. Give him a call and see what he can do for you.
Great suggestion. The gentleman at ToyotaParts.com says I will get a dealer invoice as if I came to their dealership in person.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
RMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMTacoguy30 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Jay
RMTacoguy30's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered from USAToyotaparts which is Toyota of Richardson and a dealership invoice came with my order. I'm sure if you call any of them they will tell you.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 AM   #5
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered some stuff from trdparts4u and the invoice showed Toyota of Dallas.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
yes