1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Happy (early) Birthday to me :)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by SCFirefighter, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Oct 11, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    SCFirefighter

SCFirefighter [OP] on idiot patrol ;)

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 DC TRD Sport 4x4 5'
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    My lovely wife ordered te OEM bed mat for my truck. It's great material and looks awesome. Now I have to decide how to make my front bedrings work.
    1)Cut the mat to expose them, or
    2) Screw the bolt through the mat, and expose the rings that way plus securing my bed mat against theft.

Mm.. ok, #2 I guess.

2. Oct 11, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Cool, happy birthday (early;)).

3. Oct 11, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    I chose the first option. Cut slits in the mat to expose D rings. I'm not overly concerned about theft but i push my rings down against the mat and it can be quite hard lifting them back up.
    I got my camera out, gimme a sec and i'll snap a pic for ya!

4. Oct 11, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    DueNorth

DueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 BSP TRD Sport DCSB 6sp
    Here`s how i secured;) my bed mat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Oct 11, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    After I installed my extra d-rings, I just cut out the sections in the bed mat to expose the rings. I think it came out looking great! Oh and happy bday!!! Hold on, when is your real bday?

6. Oct 11, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Happy early Birthday! :)

7. Oct 11, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust, ScanGauge II, Map, dome and license plate LED's, Custom Fire/Rescue decals, Weathertech deflectors, Removed mud flaps, Rear spring TSB, Spidertrax spacers, Tinted windows (5%/27%), Black Tacoma badges, 5100 Billstein x4, ToyTec Coilovers, ToyTec TSB AAL, Devil horns, Hose clamp tailgate mod, OEM bed mat, HomeLink module, Hardwire GPS, Weathertech digital fit floor lines, Front Diff drop, Rear Diff breather mod, 4xInnovation welded sliders, Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS+SiriusXM.
    Tomorrow :) Not sure what to do with that day. Skip out work (I can do that), go to the shooting range, waste the whole day on the PS3 (Medal of Honor comes out tomorrow), or what.
    Maybe I'll spend some quality time with the truck and wash it :)

ETA: Honestly, I wish I had somewhere to offroad for a while. Still to this day never done it.

8. Oct 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    SCFirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephan
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    I forgot that all I have to do is cut slits for the bolts. Good pics, thanks!
    I was thinking I had to cut out a whole corner triangle to make room for them.

Note: I don't have the rings in the middle of the bed, but that's a great idea too.

Products Discussed in

To Top