1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought the Bakflip...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by t-frax, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Jul 21, 2008 at 2:43 PM
    t-frax

t-frax [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRUNNER TRD Sports Pkg, Black
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say i finally got the Bakflip after months of debating on tonneau covers. was debating over bakflip - rollbak - fold a cover. And the best part is i got it on ebay (powerseller-great reviews) for only $500 brand new. they were asking for $600 (which is still lower than most online stores) but they had a "or best offer" options. so after 3 offers to them: $375 (obviously too low they countered with $565), $475 (they said it was below their profit -declined offer), and $525 (they said $539 was the lowest they could possibility go) - after those offers, i was out of offers i could put in(3 offers max) so i was gonna just take it for that price since its still way lower than most sellers. But I saw on one of their comments that someone got theirs for $520 from them for the same bakflip a month ago so I had my friend off $500 just to see if i could get a counter offer of $520 and they accepted it. so i got it for $500! - $100 less than their original asking price. pluse i get a free racheting cargo bar and free ship!
    It was such a good deal i had to post it. They do have more of the same but their auctions are a bit weird cause some have it where the price is more plus shipping and some aren't. i got lucky i guess. well i took a chance and i hope it all comes out fine. i'll post pics once i install it

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Jul 21, 2008 at 2:45 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good deal I'll be waiting for those pics. I have been tossing around the idea of getting one.

3. Jul 21, 2008 at 4:52 PM
    Addicted

Addicted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - Black
    Yea, pics would be great! Sounds like a good deal.

4. Sep 2, 2008 at 12:21 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Wouldon't happen to have gotten around to getting those pics? Just curious.

5. Sep 2, 2008 at 5:13 PM
    Addicted

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I bought one from AutoAnything last week and put it on this weekend. I'll try to get some pics up this week. I must say that so far I really like this cover. Very easy to put on and works as advertised. I put an automatic pop n lock on as well, and now have a secure area to throw stuff.
    The instructions are lacking on these things, but it was pretty easy to figure out.

6. Sep 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    t-frax

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    Pop&Lock, Bakflip, spare tire lock, folding hitch step, alarm, n-fab steps, more to come hopefully
    oh yeh had pics for a while. had them in my gallery for a while now. here they are

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Sep 2, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    Bobby

Bobby Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD
    About how far does that little section at the bottom stick into the bed? Anyone know if it is bigger or smaller than the same section on a roll-up tonneau?

8. Sep 2, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    t-frax

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    6 or 7 inches

9. Sep 2, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    Addicted

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Great pics... Now I don't have to take any. Even the same color truck. :)

10. Sep 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM
    t-frax

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    did yours come with lock washers for the star bolts that connect the whole thing? because mine didn't and over like a few weeks, the vibrations loosened the star bolts. i contacted bakflip directly and they sent over some lock washers and new star bolts (even though i only need the lock washers) for free literally the next day.

11. Sep 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    My favorite cover. :D

12. Sep 3, 2008 at 4:14 AM
    Addicted

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I didn't use the star bolts. I got just regular nuts to secure it. I also bought lock washers. My parts bag was open in the box and pieces everywhere. I was missing a couple bolts and washers. I just ran to home depot and got what I needed. I was intending to change out the star washer from the beginning after reading people talk about how tight they were to put on and the extra space you get with using just regular nuts.

13. Sep 3, 2008 at 5:32 AM
    t-frax

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    that is a good idea. i might do that too. you know the size of the threading?

14. Sep 3, 2008 at 5:56 AM
    Addicted

Member:
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I don't. I took the star bolt in with me and found the bolt that fit it and went on from there.

Products Discussed in

To Top