LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just bought the Bakflip...

Old 07-21-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Just bought the Bakflip...

Hey everyone, just wanted to say i finally got the Bakflip after months of debating on tonneau covers. was debating over bakflip - rollbak - fold a cover. And the best part is i got it on ebay (powerseller-great reviews) for only $500 brand new. they were asking for $600 (which is still lower than most online stores) but they had a "or best offer" options. so after 3 offers to them: $375 (obviously too low they countered with $565), $475 (they said it was below their profit -declined offer), and $525 (they said $539 was the lowest they could possibility go) - after those offers, i was out of offers i could put in(3 offers max) so i was gonna just take it for that price since its still way lower than most sellers. But I saw on one of their comments that someone got theirs for $520 from them for the same bakflip a month ago so I had my friend off $500 just to see if i could get a counter offer of $520 and they accepted it. so i got it for $500! - $100 less than their original asking price. pluse i get a free racheting cargo bar and free ship!
It was such a good deal i had to post it. They do have more of the same but their auctions are a bit weird cause some have it where the price is more plus shipping and some aren't. i got lucky i guess. well i took a chance and i hope it all comes out fine. i'll post pics once i install it
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, pics would be great! Sounds like a good deal.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

I bought one from AutoAnything last week and put it on this weekend. I'll try to get some pics up this week. I must say that so far I really like this cover. Very easy to put on and works as advertised. I put an automatic pop n lock on as well, and now have a secure area to throw stuff.
The instructions are lacking on these things, but it was pretty easy to figure out.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Wouldon't happen to have gotten around to getting those pics? Just curious.
oh yeh had pics for a while. had them in my gallery for a while now. here they are

Old 09-02-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Bobby is on a distinguished road
Bobby's Tacoma Gallery
About how far does that little section at the bottom stick into the bed? Anyone know if it is bigger or smaller than the same section on a roll-up tonneau?
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
oh yeh had pics for a while. had them in my gallery for a while now. here they are

Old 09-02-2008, 08:18 PM   #8

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
About how far does that little section at the bottom stick into the bed? Anyone know if it is bigger or smaller than the same section on a roll-up tonneau?
6 or 7 inches
Old 09-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #9

Great pics... Now I don't have to take any. Even the same color truck.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 PM   #10

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
Great pics... Now I don't have to take any. Even the same color truck.
did yours come with lock washers for the star bolts that connect the whole thing? because mine didn't and over like a few weeks, the vibrations loosened the star bolts. i contacted bakflip directly and they sent over some lock washers and new star bolts (even though i only need the lock washers) for free literally the next day.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:59 PM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite cover.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 AM   #12

I didn't use the star bolts. I got just regular nuts to secure it. I also bought lock washers. My parts bag was open in the box and pieces everywhere. I was missing a couple bolts and washers. I just ran to home depot and got what I needed. I was intending to change out the star washer from the beginning after reading people talk about how tight they were to put on and the extra space you get with using just regular nuts.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 AM   #13

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
I didn't use the star bolts. I got just regular nuts to secure it. I also bought lock washers. My parts bag was open in the box and pieces everywhere. I was missing a couple bolts and washers. I just ran to home depot and got what I needed. I was intending to change out the star washer from the beginning after reading people talk about how tight they were to put on and the extra space you get with using just regular nuts.
that is a good idea. i might do that too. you know the size of the threading?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #14

I don't. I took the star bolt in with me and found the bolt that fit it and went on from there.

Products Discussed in this Thread