Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Well this sucks

Old 10-12-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Well this sucks

I got my DTRL metling the headlight, (ill take a pic of it later at work ATM.) I got a ticking noise coming from my AC and one of the black trims on my roof fell off and wont hold (it keeps on falling off). I got 26k miles on my truck, should all of this be covered by the warranty and TSB?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Just wondering for my own benefit, was the DTRL factory or did you install it?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Just wondering for my own benefit, was the DTRL factory or did you install it?
Came from the factory, it's a 09.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
I've been seeing more folks with this melting DTRL thing goin on. All the posts I've seen had theirs on stock.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Came from the factory, it's a 09.
Def go back to the dealer before you hit 30K.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
I would say it better be covered by warranty, The ticking is it from the blower? I had the blower noise and they replaced it no problem.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Def go back to the dealer before you hit 30K.
Def am, i just hate not having my truck for a day
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
I would say it better be covered by warranty, The ticking is it from the blower? I had the blower noise and they replaced it no problem.
Yeah, i notice it when im on a incline.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTIZO99 View Post
I've been seeing more folks with this melting DTRL thing goin on. All the posts I've seen had theirs on stock.
I noticed the same trend. Those, like myself, who did their own mod seem to be doing alright.

After 3 1/2 years in an '06 I had no troubles. When I purchased my '10 I did it again .... this time I replaced the bulb with a lowere wattage (about 2 watts less) just in case .... haven't had any changes since July.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely take it to the dealer.

Mine melted as well. I have ebay headlights so I couldn't take it by the dealer. I had to disable my DRL to stop it from getting worse.