1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Master Cylinder and Brake Booster

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jarvis210, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oct 12, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    jarvis210

jarvis210 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Fullerton
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    Well last week my brake light was coming on while driving. Pulled over and found the brake fluid was low. I did brakes about 10k miles ago and thought maybe i didnt correct the level. So i set the level to max. the next morning the brake light was on again. Brake fluid level at min. checked and found no visable leaks. I was suspecting that the master cylinder was leaking internally into the brake booster. So i didnt drive it to work. I checked with toyota and ordered a master cylinder. Part came in and when i went to install it the part did not fit. I returned the part and after a big headache the part was packaged wrong so we ordered another one and i decided to replace the booster also due to the large amount of brake fluid in the booster... Well about 805 dollars later in parts my truck i up and running again.... My trunk is an 05 with 90k on it.... keep an eye on your brake fluid level.....

DELPIERO10 and Beaglesridefree like this.
  2. Apr 18, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    DELPIERO10

DELPIERO10 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JOAQUIN
    Vehicle:
    2003 RED TACOMA TRD OFFROAD
    My Taco 2003 was with the same issue, I notice the Brake light and i go to the mechanic, and the brake fluid was leaking into the booster, and already ordered a new booster
    I expect it to fix the issue
    Regards

Products Discussed in

To Top