1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

satoshi fog light

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kauai808boy, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Oct 13, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    kauai808boy

kauai808boy [OP] Member

Member:
    icon/fox 3inch lift, flow-master super 40, jba shorty headers
    just installed my satoshi and is working on my hella 500 fog lights with the hid conversion

i wanted for know instead of wiring it to the switch that comes with the hella could you wire it to the stock head light switch instead? and how would u do so? if anybody knows

2. Oct 13, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Are you talking about wiring it so it works like the OEM fogs (only come on when a switch in the dash is on AND the low beams and shut off when you turn the high beams on). This can definitely be done with a relay. Run fused power from the batter to the relay, there will need to be 2 switches on the relay, one from the switch on the dash and the other from the headlight wire (you'll need to splice this into the 'hot' wire that powers the low beams). What this will do is make it so the switch in the dash will need to be 'ON' and the low beams will need to be on in order for your Hellas to work. Make sure the power for the fogs is not being drawn off the low beams.

If you want the Hellas to turn on everytime you turn the lights on, use a simplier relay and you'll only need to splice the wire powering the low beams and run fused power from the battery, no switch in the dash. It's a little confusing to write out but I hope this helps and good luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top