Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

View Poll Results: Is your 2nd gen a non-TRD trim or a TRD trim?
No TRD package 1,170 27.65%
TRD package 3,062 72.35%
Voters: 4232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #261
killthepenguin is on a distinguished road
killthepenguin's Tacoma Gallery
TRD

TRD 4X2 DC V6 SB
Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #262
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 here. The TRD's didnt offer anything I couldnt eventually get aftermarket if I wanted them bad enough, and it saved me a bundle on purchase price.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #263
TacomaCowboy is on a distinguished road

Name: robert
TacomaCowboy's Tacoma Gallery
06 DC
LB 4x4
TRD Sport
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM   #264
Fargin Bastage is on a distinguished road
Name: Fargin
Fargin Bastage's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 SR5 + Tow
I found one without the TuRD stickers all over it...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #265
davelac will become famous soon enough
davelac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargin Bastage View Post
4x4 SR5 + Tow
I found one without the TuRD stickers all over it...
Ditto on the same model. I was paying cash and had a limited budget. The TRD stickers didn't affect my decision.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #266
TonyJ is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Tony
TonyJ's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't it be easier to do a poll rather than read through a hundred pages?? TRD Sports 2WD SR5 DC SB
Old 12-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #267
TonyJ is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Tony
TonyJ's Tacoma Gallery
My apologies, apparently the poll doesn't show on an iPad mobile app ;-)
Old 12-29-2011, 03:58 AM   #268
neilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud ofneilvan has much to be proud of
neilvan's Tacoma Gallery
2009 TRD Off Road Access Cab, loaded with all options... Black sand pearl. Upgraded to Goodyear Silent Armor's within two weeks of buying it. Otherwise its stock and perfect.

Way overkill for our needs but hey, why not. We don't have to be concerned with regretting not having an option down the road...

Lovin' the Tacoma every time I am behind the wheel!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #269
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road TRD "rugged trail" with mountain stickers removed
Old 12-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #270
Gecko Breeder
Panther has a spectacular aura aboutPanther has a spectacular aura about

Name: Kai
Panther's Tacoma Gallery
I just so happened on a TRD Sport with the towing package w/83k used for $14,500, so I didn't pass it up. TBH I really like the outlet in the bed, and have used it more than I thought I ever would.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #271
Monkey Sweat
Bubbarr is on a distinguished road

Marines: Sgt
Name: Duane
Bubbarr's Tacoma Gallery
Got the full monte. TRD off road 4x4 w/ tow. Love it. couldnt be happier
Old 12-30-2011, 07:17 AM   #272
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Off-Road here I love the locker. It definitely comes in handy sometimes
Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #273
AI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud ofAI Surf Fisher has much to be proud of

Name: Richard
AI Surf Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Would have settled for a straight used 4x4 - but surprisingly few available when I was shopping. Tons of TRD's around and lucked into the one I bought at a decent price. It had all the stuff i could ever want for driving in snow, over sand, or backtrails. Luv my truck.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #274
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'm TRD
Old 01-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #275
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a newb how can you tell if you have a trd or not?
Old 01-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #276
flyingpostman is on a distinguished road
Name: Richard
flyingpostman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckytaco View Post
I'm a newb how can you tell if you have a trd or not?
TRD will have a load of buttons to the left of your steering wheel that you will never use unless you are a serious off-roader.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #277
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a few buttons I can't remember what they are some are the fog light button some on off button for something idk what it is
Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #278
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckytaco View Post
I have a few buttons I can't remember what they are some are the fog light button some on off button for something idk what it is
Do you have a traction control button, or locking differential button?

Is your rear bumper, handles, and mirrors colormatched? Do you have a scooped hood?
Old 01-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #279
2010TRDtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: James
2010TRDtaco's Tacoma Gallery
2010 TRD-OR, 4x4, SR5, Tow pkg, auto,
Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #280

I have the traction control button and the rsca off button or something like that and no color matching or hood scoop also have a backup camera if that has anything to do with it