Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

View Poll Results: Is your 2nd gen a non-TRD trim or a TRD trim?
No TRD package 1,169 27.63%
TRD package 3,062 72.37%
Voters: 4231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #21
mak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmak90 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mak90's Tacoma Gallery
2006 Access Cab 4x4 6spd TRD Off Road package
Old 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
got a non-trd. had a yukon that had high monthly payments. needed a trade to have a little more breathing room with money, so although i did want a trd package... that woulda defeated the whole purpose of trading my yukon for the least monthly payments
Old 10-13-2010, 03:02 PM   #23
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
I definately went the basic route on purpose, 2010 sr5 access cab, with the only option being the 4x4. the mpg are right, and it goes/does everything I need it to do.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:54 PM   #24
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 SR5 with towing
Non-TRD
Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
2006 TRD Sports Package and I love it!!! A guy I know always rags on me cause he bought a 2007 "base" model 4-door and said I spent $10 grand more then him for my bed side TRD decals!! He is an idiot.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #26
JJK is on a distinguished road
JJK's Tacoma Gallery
I started out with the SR5 package because that was the only DCLB 4x4 I could find at the time.
Ended up with a Detroit rear-end, TSB shocks and springs, OEM alloy wheels, new tires, and an aftermarket tow package with a small tranny cooler. I did some other stuff but these were the main upgrades. I would like to get some skid plates next.
JJK
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #27
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
2006 TRD Sports Package and I love it!!! A guy I know always rags on me cause he bought a 2007 "base" model 4-door and said I spent $10 grand more then him for my bed side TRD decals!! He is an idiot.
Yea $10k seems a little over the top.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #28
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
even when I see a truck with no stickers on it, its because someone took them off. I rarely ever see a non packaged truck. Well.. fleet vehicles aside.

Its hard to sell, or rather, dealers THINK its hard to sell utility to americans. AND when your profit is a percentage of cost.. you want expensive vehicles on the lot.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #29
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the SR5 with the tow package, satisfied with it for sure!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:36 PM   #30
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
2010 DBL CAB 4x4 TRD Sport w/ Tow Pkg - love this thing - can't wait til it snows.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:05 PM   #31
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
can we get a poll option for members who thought they were buying a trd package then when the truck was shipped in from utah it turns out to be non-trd..not that that happened to me or anything..
Old 10-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #33
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
even when I see a truck with no stickers on it, its because someone took them off. I rarely ever see a non packaged truck. Well.. fleet vehicles aside.

Its hard to sell, or rather, dealers THINK its hard to sell utility to americans. AND when your profit is a percentage of cost.. you want expensive vehicles on the lot.
No wonder when I went to pickup my truck, the dealer said the didn't have anymore SR5 packages 2010's. They probably didn't stock too man to begin with.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #34
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
I'm super poor no trd or 4x4
Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 AM   #35
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by supataco View Post
No wonder when I went to pickup my truck, the dealer said the didn't have anymore SR5 packages 2010's. They probably didn't stock too man to begin with.
YEa.. on top of that, try to get a manual transmission on anything in america... I had my choice of 3, out of something like 40 tacomas. Pretty sure the double cabs outnumber everything too, in that classic "i'm already poor what's another 8k" fashion people go for...

Luckily all 3 were all but bare bones TRD sports.. no crazy options and in one of the couple colors I would have gotten.. (you know how the red dirt gets on the white, and the hard water sprinklers on the black here.)

Manager at pflueger told me they won't even put stick shifts on the used lot, not worth the risk.

(off topic, The ladyboy that gives me my taco bell drives a ~$70k h2. What is with some people's priorities?)
Old 10-14-2010, 03:29 AM   #36
Me l've got brains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieEndo View Post
I'm super poor no trd or 4x4
Your mods are well more $ than any of the packages...
Old 10-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #37
eddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant futureeddieEndo has a brilliant future
Name: Eddie
eddieEndo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eddieEndo
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
Your mods are well more $ than any of the packages...

Yeah but I really didn't have that money at the time my payments would have skyrocketed through the roof hahaha I got a pretty good deal got my sr5 for 19k
Old 10-14-2010, 04:31 AM   #38
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 4x4 4cyl 5speed non trd of course. Would love to have a TRD O/R but did not want the V6. So a locker is in the works!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #40
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
2010 SR5 4X4 4-banger 5-speed Access Cab. With the traction and stability enhancements, it was all I needed. Doing great on mileage and for light towing (small Boston Whaler), I installed an after-market hitch and wiring harness.
All is good! Just what the doctor ordered!