Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

View Poll Results: Is your 2nd gen a non-TRD trim or a TRD trim?
No TRD package 1,169 27.63%
TRD package 3,062 72.37%
Voters: 4231. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #461
haider320 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Detective
haider320's Tacoma Gallery
No turd for me. I have the SR5 package.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #462
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Trd Sport here locked front and back.
Show off.
Awesome!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #464
ROsborneii is on a distinguished road
Navy: Retired GMC
Name: Roy
ROsborneii's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Sport package.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #465
Fidel775 has a spectacular aura aboutFidel775 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Fidel
Fidel775's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Offroad package here. Rear locker really amazes ppl on the trails. 😎
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #466
electric130 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Civil Engineer
electric130's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsenordave View Post
my biggest criticism of the non TRD is the cloth seats...IMHO the TRD seats are light years more comfortable...
good to know.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #467
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
Well Mine Was A Trd Sport But Now, Not So Much..Lol. Kind Of A Waste Since I Removed The Sport Supinsion, Wheels And Bumpers. Still Have The Seats But Im Sure They Will Be Replaced Also.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #468
johnnychimpo711 is on a distinguished road
Army:
johnnychimpo711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic11 View Post
Well Mine Was A Trd Sport But Now, Not So Much..Lol. Kind Of A Waste Since I Removed The Sport Supinsion, Wheels And Bumpers. Still Have The Seats But Im Sure They Will Be Replaced Also.
What did you do with ur old suspension and wheels?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #469
TacomaCon is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
TacomaCon's Tacoma Gallery
Got the TRD Offroad. Have not yet putting it in 4x4. But loving the ride.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #470
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the Baja edition and will be picking her up on leave from Afghanistan. Sure wish I could bring her back with me! I'm looking forward to the fanciness over my current stock, no frills, bottom of the barrel pre-runner. I am curious about the TRD exhaust if anyone is still reading. I'm a HUGE Magnaflow fan, but with the TRD designed muffler, is it worth changing it out? I want to put some headers and a new cat on as well.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #471
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Wasn't there a TRD catback exhaust thrown in as well, or was that the TX "Pro" package?

Hey, it isn't as bad as Ford, whose "special edition" Raptor is distinguished only by badging (i.e. it's only "special" because Ford labeled it as such).
The TX "Baja" comes with the trd catback, blistein 66mm shocks and red coilover eibach springs in the front and 50mm blistein w/ remote res in the back, LT265/70R16 BF Goodrich AT TKO tires, and the graphics and badge. That's according to my order breakdown. I think the "pro" version of it comes with the Predator Tube Steps or something like that.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #472
Cyborg is on a distinguished road

Army: Airborne!
Name: Neil
Cyborg's Tacoma Gallery
sr5 prerunner :[ but i dont do much offroading anyways.

when buying my truck i had the choice of an 08 4x4 trd 6MT sport with 68k or a 2010 sr5 prerunner auto with 34k on the clock, both the same price. super hard decision, but im glad i went with the auto, i didnt like the way the 6MT felt. one of these days, i may install an an air locker if i decide to get more serious about offroading.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #473
LocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud ofLocoTaco has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: RDC Retired
Name: Don
LocoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
09 TRD SR5 Sport Package.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #474
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD packages are well worth it for most people I mean I love the seats and the entire is a pretty good head unit but I had the money at the time so I just bought the most expensive Tacoma I could find
Old 06-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #475
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pra4sno View Post
2013 SR5 4x4 here!

It seems like the gap between TRD and SR5 narrowed a bit in the 2012 and 2013 models. Small stuff, but things that in the past would have made me upgrade to the TRD for them. Alloy wheels, touch screen, backup cam...etc.

1. Wanted standard TRAC as I'm in MN and spend most my time in 4x4 in snow. Didn't need A-TRAC for low range crawling, but still wanted an extra traction aid for deep snow that works in both 4LO and 4HI
2. Backup cam comes on the SR5
3. Touchscreen radio is available in SR5
4. Wanted a trailering package, and there is no difference between models
5. SR5 Spring rate for payload. I liked how the Sport drove with the same springs, but didn't really want bigger wheels and the scoop.
6. SR5 seats weren't quite as good as the TRD's, but a vast improvement over previous years. Difference was negligible.
7. Fogs came standard on my SR5
8. Knew I would upgrade either of the standard sets of tires after hearing the poor reviews.
9. I can add lockers later, and DAC and HAC are far beyond my needs.
10. Could get the 16" alloys in SR5 without paying the premium for the O/R.

The Bilsteins and the 110v plugin were the two things I would have liked that come on the TRD's, but an inverter and 5100's didn't add up to the TRD for me!

I definitely think the TRD is worth it if you need A-TRAC, HAC, DAC, Lockers, etc. Lots of good gear on these trucks if you're a hardcore wheeler.
^^I agree with this breakdown. HAC and DAC are for automatics only I believe, so I wouldn't be paying for that since I wanted the manual trans.

I already had a Craftsman 450 watt converter so I didn't need the TRD Off Road one. Would be nice to have the A-TRAC, though, real nice. The TRD Off Road package is a nice setup, the Baja edition setup even nicer. A rear locker would be nice, but tire chains work the same and are a needed item whether you have a locker or not.

I figured $27k for my SR5 was a good low starting point and I'll add on what I need. Even with the Off Road package the skid plates aren't worth much and have to be upgraded. The suspension on the Off Road doesn't differ much from the SR5 and should be upgraded.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #476
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
You where smart to go with SR5 model. Baja edition is a total waste of money. Plus if you add lockers would have way better setup than any of those models.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:30 AM   #477
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Bought an SR5 knowing that everything functional I woulda paid for in the TRD package was coming off the truck anyway during my build. Money better spent in the aftermarket.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #479
Master Baiter
jethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjethro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Geoff
jethro's Tacoma Gallery
I just signed on a '13 AC V6 TRD offroad package. I am not the kind that does any kind of modifications on my vehicles, but I wanted the big tires and nice rims, the nicer shocks and I think I will be using that inverter for charging my deep cell battery when I'm camping.

But I'm going to take off that sticker! It's tacky!!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #480
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
another smart man right here ^
Thank you! It wasn't a factor of intelligence, but more so budgetary considerations.