Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

View Poll Results: Is your 2nd gen a non-TRD trim or a TRD trim?
No TRD package 1,168 27.61%
TRD package 3,062 72.39%
Voters: 4230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #41
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I only got mine because it was a good deal, didnt know too much about the packages. Most folks on here just get the SR5 and do them up the way they like them anyways. If your going to lift it, then i would just get the SR5.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:16 AM   #42
Banned
LS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant futureLS TOY has a brilliant future
Name: Landon
LS TOY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
SR5 4x4. The TRD package is just an expensive sticker as far as I'm concerned. And before you TRD owners get all up in arms, I don't mean it's not a functional package, I mean personally I have no need for LSD, traction control, hill assist or locking axles so it wasn't worth it to me to spend the money for them. If you need it, then the upgrade to the TRD package is well worth the money.
What about the better seats, power outlet, compass and temp. gauge????
Old 10-14-2010, 05:18 AM   #43
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
4x4 SR5 with towing
Non-TRD
Thats my truck too.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #44
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
No TuRD package here.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:31 AM   #46
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I gotta TRD O/R with a Sport hood

Same here.

I got the TRD Off Road because of the locking rear diff. My 99 had the same locking diff. It comes in handy for me...Hunting, fishing, general getting out of nasty remote situations..
Old 10-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #47
2009Taco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Information Systems Technician, Second Class
2009Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2009Taco
09 TRD Sport 4X4 6spd
Old 10-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #48
cbRC4x4sr5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cbRC4x4sr5's Tacoma Gallery
no trd pkg for reg cab.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Old 10-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #49
rather be dubbin'
vr6pilot will become famous soon enoughvr6pilot will become famous soon enough
Army: retired Apache driver
Name: Dan
vr6pilot's Tacoma Gallery
Went TRD just for the seats. The color-keyed bumper and hood scoop were nice gravy.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #50
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
I only got mine because it was a good deal, didnt know too much about the packages. Most folks on here just get the SR5 and do them up the way they like them anyways. If your going to lift it, then i would just get the SR5.
You also forgot the locker, the TRD Seats, and hood scoop+matched colored bumper/doorhandles/grille. It's not all about suspension just sayin
Old 10-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #51
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good351 View Post
Same here.

I got the TRD Off Road because of the locking rear diff. My 99 had the same locking diff. It comes in handy for me...Hunting, fishing, general getting out of nasty remote situations..
exactly
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #52
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Of course with the extra money I spent on the stupid Pre Runner TRD package I could've got a non TRD 4x4

If I only knew then what I know now...

Oh well...LT here I come lmao!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #54
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
I asked for the cheapest thing with 4x4
Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #56
Yuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant futureYuma Taco has a brilliant future
Name: Lee
Yuma Taco's Tacoma Gallery
V6 TRD Off Road and the tow package.
But, I de-badged and removed the decals..... So it looks plain.

Yuma Taco,
Old 10-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #57
rather be dubbin'
Looking plain FTW. ("for the win" for all you net-noobs )

It seemed like each extra option or package I got landed another badge on the tailgate. Why don't I just leave the window sticker on it?
Old 10-16-2010, 04:15 PM   #58
AdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really niceAdoptaTaco is just really nice
Name: Brandon
AdoptaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
2010 TRD Sport w/value pkg 4x4 ..
There are a few more option's included in the trd than just color matched handles and hood scoop. I considered the non-trd but when I saw the non-trd seats my decision was made.
TRD Sport
Sport Suspension
Bilstein Shocks
17" Alloy Wheels with P265/65R17 Tires
Hood Scoop, Color-Keyed Grille Surround/Bumpers/Power Mirrors Smoked Headlamp Trim
Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass
115V/400W Deck Powerpoint
Fog Lamps
Remote Keyless Entry
Cruise Control
Variable Speed Wipers
Overhead Console with Compass and Temperature Gauge
Sport Seats with Driver Lumbar Support and Sport Fabric Trim in place of Standard Bucket Seats
Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim
Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls and Shifter (A/T models only)
Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors and Extenders
Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera, linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor
TRD Sport Graphics
TRD Sport Extra Value Package With JBL Audio:
TRD Sport Package plus JBL Audio with AM/FM CD with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, MP3/WMA playback capability, six speakers and subwoofer, auxiliary audio jack, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio and Bluetooth Controls, Bluetooth and XM (includes 90-day trial subscription)
Old 10-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #59
FOP @ 45
06sportaco will become famous soon enough

Navy: Engineman E3
06sportaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6pilot View Post
Went TRD just for the seats. The color-keyed bumper and hood scoop were nice gravy.
x2
Old 10-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #60
rather be dubbin'
Metallic dash trim. No thanks. Replacing it with something black.