Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

View Poll Results: Is your 2nd gen a non-TRD trim or a TRD trim?
No TRD package 1,168 27.62%
TRD package 3,061 72.38%
Voters: 4229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Accel Junky is on a distinguished road

Name: Daniel
Accel Junky's Tacoma Gallery
non-TRD vs TRD forum ownership stats

Just curious what percentage of 2nd gen forum members have a TRD package versus those who don't. I noticed what seemed like a majority of the trucks in the "post your X" threads seemed to be TRDs.

Mine is a no-frills 4x4 v6 DC. It has the SR5 package but if I had it my way I would have saved myself $2000 and ditched the SR5 package if they even had any of those on the lots.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
What about 2nd Gen X-Runners, not the TRD package but they still have plenty of TRD stuff on them
Old 10-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Ther are also the two TRD groupings (Off Road and Sport) that can have total different owners... and finally 2WD vs 4WD... Regular cab, Access or Extra Cab, and Double Cab... oh, standard bed or extended bed!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I gotta TRD O/R with a Sport hood
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #5

Forgot about X-Runners, just check off under non-TRD. As for TRD OR vs Sport, not really curious about that.

I just mainly wanted to know how popular the TRD packages are. They seem overwhelmingly popular at a casual glance but I love my cold, hard data.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
No TRD here. I am poor. But I did get 4x4!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Forgot about X-Runners, just check off under non-TRD. As for TRD OR vs Sport, not really curious about that.

I just mainly wanted to know how popular the TRD packages are. They seem overwhelmingly popular at a casual glance but I love my cold, hard data.
What about partial TRDs?
SR5+ that came with Limited Slip (like TRD sport) and Suspension out of TRD Sport but no fake scoop and useless color trims.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
What about partial TRDs?
SR5+ that came with Limited Slip (like TRD sport) and Suspension out of TRD Sport but no fake scoop and useless color trims.
I guess I'm just curious about the actual TRD packages versus any other trim. My theory is that enthusiasts (forum members) are more likely to have TRD packaged trucks versus non-TRD packages. It'd be cool to also know what the story is for overall Tacoma truck sales in the US/Canada.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Trd package is the way to go extra 2k won't hurt and well worth it
Old 10-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
V6 TRD Off Road 4x4 and the tow package.

Me like.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
SR5 4x4. The TRD package is just an expensive sticker as far as I'm concerned. And before you TRD owners get all up in arms, I don't mean it's not a functional package, I mean personally I have no need for LSD, traction control, hill assist or locking axles so it wasn't worth it to me to spend the money for them. If you need it, then the upgrade to the TRD package is well worth the money.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #12
Master Gunner Member
SpcDaddy951 is on a distinguished road

Army: Assistant Gunner Bravo Troop, 1st Battalion, 11th Armor Calvary Regiment
Name: Chris Aka Loonz
SpcDaddy951's Tacoma Gallery
TRD PreRunner Over Here!!!! And Loving it!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #13
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Non TRD, 4x4 with LSD..pretty unique.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Access Cab, SR5, v-6, 6spd, 4wd, non TRD w/ tow package.

Only thing I kinda wish I had was the locker, but I'm gonna lock the front and rear later on anyways.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
TRD OR package with towing
Old 10-13-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
I like the TRD's. I just wanted the 4X4 more. My SR5 with towing package is fine for me.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Got a TRD Sport but didn't really care that much about it. It was just optioned the way I needed. I'd have bought a base model if it had what I needed.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
Rebuilding an Empire
Moving Chicane is on a distinguished road
Moving Chicane's Tacoma Gallery
2001 has the TRD OffRoad package; new 2011 has it too.

TRD wheels inbound via FedEx for the 2011; ETA is Friday.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
No TRD here. I am poor. But I did get 4x4!
thats what I should have done! I dont need no stinkin back up camera! haha