1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Should Itake a leaf out?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Grey Jay, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:43 AM
    Grey Jay

Grey Jay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sudbury ON Canada
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD
    Hi,
    I just bought a Canadian 08 DC TRD and have been asking lots of questions here lately. This will hopefully be my last one for a while. Lots of people talk about this "rear TSB." My truck has 5 leafs and a helper spring. I would like to put the truck back to stock. I looked at an 06 TRD and see it has two springs and a helper but checking on a 2011, I see it has three. I was going to have two leafs removed which would leave me with three and a helper spring. Should I just take out one to leave me with 4?? I don't usually carry heavy weight in the box, so I don't mind if it squats once in a while. Also, I am planning to put an OME lift in it next year which comes with a rear leaf. Does this leaf act differently than the one I may have in now?
    The truck rides so rough I can barely stand it, and the rear of my truck is about four inches higher than my friends TRD. Plus, I have a shake in it that I would like done under warrantee and I don't want to be told that since my rear end is so high in the air, it frigs something up and now they won't cover it.

Thanks a lot

Kris

2. Oct 14, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    BBiggs

BBiggs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 Access Cab
    I just got it!
    Take 2 out. See how it rides. It'll probably be drastic improvement in ride quality.

3. Oct 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    sloppyjoe

sloppyjoe They are more like guide lines.

Member:
    All Over
    Vehicle:
    Silver and simple
    Non
    I will trade you some non tsb springs for yours if you want a better ride. I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of comfort for the taller ride. Let me know?? JOE?
    P.S. if you are not interested than you can remove a leaf or two and see how this works. If you are not quite pleased you can put one back in and try it then swap a different spring if that is not good either, or trade me. HEHE

Products Discussed in

To Top