Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Show me your shell...

Old 10-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Rodallg is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Rodallg's Tacoma Gallery
Show me your shell...

I will be getting a shell shortly and I would like to see the groups shells.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Plenty of threads on here with ppl showing off their shell.... The forums search feature works really well.

I'll help tho, here's a popular thread....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...our-shell.html
Old 10-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!! Now you got me looking through that thread again, just reminds me how bad i want to get one.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
ktrain71 is on a distinguished road
Name: kevin
ktrain71's Tacoma Gallery
here you go

here you go check out my other pics thru my gallerie
Old 10-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
KCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud ofKCin HBCA has much to be proud of

Firefighter: Retired
Name: Keith
KCin HBCA's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine...
Attached Thumbnails
Show me your shell...-2009-tacoma.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 06:24 PM   #8
justin144 will become famous soon enough

Name: justin
justin144's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to justin144
anyone know if there's a difference in gas mileage? just curious..
Old 10-16-2010, 07:47 AM   #10
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Leer XR that I had put on yesterday.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
justin144 will become famous soon enough

Name: justin
justin144's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to justin144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Here's mine. It's a Leer 100XQ. Love it! And I have not documented any loss of fuel mileage.

I was actually talking about a gain in fuel mileage, since the air wouldn't be circulating in the bed of the truck, creating drag
Old 10-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
Return to the 36 Chambers
JB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud ofJB3CK24 has much to be proud of
Name: Jeff
JB3CK24's Tacoma Gallery
It's staggering how much better SBs look compared to LBs w/ Shells... the LB just looks so awkward with it. Jealous of the Shells though... wish I had one.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Plenty of threads on here with ppl showing off their shell.... The forums search feature works really well.

I'll help tho, here's a popular thread....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...our-shell.html
and welcome to TW!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #15
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin144 View Post
I was actually talking about a gain in fuel mileage, since the air wouldn't be circulating in the bed of the truck, creating drag
You need to watch Myth Busters.......

They did some testing about the pick-up truck gas mileage using various bed configurations (topper, bed cover, stock, tailgate down, net vs tailgate).

They found that using a tailgate net got the best gas mileage followed by the stock configuration (with the tailgate up). Everything else they tried got less mileage.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin144 View Post
It's not going to happen. Any gain you might see from aerodynamics (which you wouldn't anyway as posted above), it would be offset by the weight of the shell. I had a Tonneau cover before this shell and saw no benefit in mileage with it. It only weighed about 30 lbs.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #19
whitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitebread is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
whitebread's Tacoma Gallery
ARE MX

Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 PM   #20
Old Guy Member
satchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nicesatchsd is just really nice

Air Force: mech
satchsd's Tacoma Gallery