Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Heated mirror not working?

Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Banned
taco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura about
taco man31's Tacoma Gallery
Heated mirror not working?

hey guys i need a little help. There was a little frost on my truck this morning on the way to work. I turned on the defroster and after a while i realized that the passenger side mirror was defrosted but the driver side one was still frozen. Any help on what the problem might be and how to fix it?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Banned
taco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura abouttaco man31 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
what side was the sun on?
It was 5am, the sun was not even close to being up but that is good thinking
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you added heated mirrors they are not a factory feature.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #4
Banned
Quote:
hmmm ok, worth a try.

I didnt know the DC came with heated mirrors.
yea its factory, mines an 09. I think it wasnt factory on older ones
Old 10-14-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
fubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfubar718 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jose
fubar718's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 10 dbl w/OR package and i know it doesnt have heated mirrors
Only Thundras have heated outer mirrors
Old 10-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
shawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of lightshawnd2 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Shawn
shawnd2's Tacoma Gallery
I've hadn't heard that the mirrors are an option in 09's. How do you turn them on?

Shawn
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnd2 View Post
I've hadn't heard that the mirrors are an option in 09's. How do you turn them on?

Shawn
you just turn on the defroster. Part of the cold weather package.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Heated mirrors on second gens are not a factory option. I could see dealer installed, but it's definitely not factory or port.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
Tactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTactical Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Tactical Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 09 and I even asked the dealer about that before I bought my truck and he told me it isn't an option. There's a guy on here that rigged up some 4runner mirrors, I'm not sure if they're heated, I know the have the lights in them that shine down on the ground, but can't remember if they are heated. He paid an arm and a leg for too.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #11
Banned
hmmm, im feeling dumb now guys thanks haha. I need to research this more
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #12
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I think the dealer is smoking
Lots of heated mirror mods I have seen
Factory option heated mirror I have not seen
My 06 tundra had a factory cold weather package its was a 100 bux.
I could only wish!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
my truck has the muth heated mirrors with the dual color signals but that was an aftermarket upgrade, by the way there awsome.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:26 PM   #14
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco man31 View Post
I never heard of this package. Definitely not from factory, but could be a dealer's customization though. Have you talked to them yet?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
maybe we all have heated mirrors, just none of us figured out how to work them.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
maybe we all have heated mirrors, just none of us figured out how to work them.
Quote:

Duh
Old 10-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Batty hannibal
Roy Chew
Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #19
Banned
All you guys are right!!!! i found my old window sticker and i see nothing on there about a cold weather package. Looks like the salesman either lied to me or didn't know what he was talking about.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:50 AM   #20
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All you guys are right!!!! i found my old window sticker and i see nothing on there about a cold weather package. Looks like the salesman either lied to me or didn't know what he was talking about.
Come-on, salesmen don't lie, and they all know what they're talking about, don't they?