Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

All-Pro vs. Deer...No Damage

Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
All-Pro vs. Deer...No Damage

I was coming home on 495N this evening doing a hair over 60 in the lane 2nd from the left. I think there were 4 lanes here. Large doe comes running from the far right all the way across. I slammed the brakes and I think I slowed to around 35...maybe 30. I hit it with the left side of the center section and it ran off. I'm lucky I was kind of ahead of traffic and didn't get rear-ended.

No damage to the AP bumper or the rest of my truck. The thing just paid for itself as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
Yeah I wanna see blood on the bumper or it didn't happen
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Lol...nothing much to see from what I can tell. I think I hit the ass end of the deer. Couldn't see any blood or damage. I'll check again in the AM and take pics if there's anything there.

I doubt the deer made it. It was running towards a concrete barrier on the far left so it would have had to have crossed back. Someone's probably having a less than stellar night out there right now.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yeah deer are really clumbsy on pavement they just slide around, good to hear that everything worked out for you. and every hit i have ever seen leaves hair everywhere, pop the hood and look in the radiator if you got a good hit in there will be hair all in it.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm try to convince the wife I need that all pro bumper for my ride to save me from deer .... It didn't work.

I'm still getting it
Old 10-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
ibengineer will become famous soon enoughibengineer will become famous soon enough
ibengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
I'm try to convince the wife I need that all pro bumper for my ride to save me from deer .... It didn't work.

I'm still getting it

just start swerving towards them and try to hit one....then when your stock bumper is totally destroyed its time to upgrade.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #8

Uhhh... But I want to sell my stock one, will u buy my crashed up stock bumper?
Old 10-14-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
Bartle Do Member
MXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMXscott14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith Stone
MXscott14's Tacoma Gallery
i just hit a buck tonight, luckily i have 35's and i just ran it straight over, i didnt even see it i just felt it and was like WTFFF was thatt so i pulled a U turn and there it was.... no damage to the vehicle tho
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Reminds me... I hit a coon on the highway last weekend... Not really sure how fast I was going. Ran out infront of me and 3 other cars infront of a massive bridge. Weird thing was, even though I know it I hit it, there was no blood/damage/evidence at all anywhere on my truck.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXscott14 View Post
i just hit a buck tonight, luckily i have 35's and i just ran it straight over, i didnt even see it i just felt it and was like WTFFF was thatt so i pulled a U turn and there it was.... no damage to the vehicle tho
Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 AM   #12

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXscott14 View Post
Lol :-D This is awesome.

Lemme pop the hood this morning and see if I see anything in there
Old 10-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #13
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
I have been wondering how it will hold up because i drive alot at night and there are deer everywhere out here. Glad it helped you. To bad i cant get rear ended by a deer, so i have an excuse to get my allpro rear bumper.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #14
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
gota show the wife this thread!! Thanks for the info! Deer are crazy around here right now.