1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just bought my first truck...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by marcosbullock, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Oct 18, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    ycart1201

ycart1201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4 - My build is underway
    Current Project: 2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a spacer lift and I enjoy mine. I know alot of members will say they are junk (an this may be true for offroading or comparing it to other much more expensive lifts) but for the price you can't beat them. My truck is a daily driver and it is comfortable enough for me on the streets. Ive never thought about swapping out for any other kind of lift. The ride really isnt any different from stock IMO. The rear add-a-leafs were a little stiffer but that has nothing to do with spacers... overall feeling: You just sit higher.

If you want to see what a spacer lift is, look at the last pic in my 1st post: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/104249-ycart1201s-build.html

My only concern is what "brand" is the billet spacer lift? Is it an ebay special? Maybe it is toytec brand? I've heard lots of good stuff about toytec and would have bought from them but I scored my lift from another member who never installed it and the price was right.:)

Nathan
    ycart1201

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Oct 18, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    marcosbullock

marcosbullock [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcos
    Texarkana, Texas
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Prerunner
    Thanks for the input. Those wheels are beautiful! What do they run?

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    tacosupreme54

tacosupreme54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NW GA
    Vehicle:
    Off-Road 4x4 SR-5
    OME 885's, 90000 and n182 shocks, CB drop, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MT RT03's, 16"x8" Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Avid Off Road Light Bar, Magnaflow 12226-14'' Muffler dumped after axle, color matched grille, Team Realtree camo seat and steering wheel covers, Husky floor liners, towing hitch, bed extender, Tacoma bed mat, all black emblems, black sockmonkey decals, bedlined rear bumper.
    I totally agree. I also have a spacer lift. It is a little bit more stiff, but unless you are doing some serious off-roading, it's nothing to worry about. You have the aesthetics of a lift, without all of the un-needed capabilities of those $1000+ lifts.

4. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    ycart1201

ycart1201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4 - My build is underway
    Current Project: 2016 DC TRD Sport 4x4
    My wheels are from a limited edition Toyota FJ so they are no longer available. If you are able to find someone selling them, they will cost you an arm and a leg cause they are rare. :cool: But you can still buy the "silver" colored rim of the same style. Here is a link to some:http://toyotapartspeople.com/search...els+-+Alloy,+16inch+x+7.5inch+6-Spoke,+Silver
    You can google the part number they list to find the best price but ~$125 each wheel is probably the best price you'll find. You may also be able to find them on ebay. I found my set of 5 wheels on craigslist.

This is what a limited edition fj looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Here is a little about the FJ special Edition: It has a TRD performance exhaust, TRD air filter, upgraded suspension components (TRD/Bilstein off-road tuned shocks, painted red), rock rails, and TRD badges. The TRD Special Edition is available only in an all-black paint scheme, and includes a black roof (instead of the traditional white), as well as 16-inch gun-metal gray finish wheels (instead of the traditional 17-inch bright aluminum), including the spare. Production numbers for the TRD Special Edition are limited to 3,200 units for the 2007. <--thats why they are hard to find. ;)

Nathan
    ycart1201

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top