Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just added hella 500 lights to my satoshi (PICS)

Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Just added hella 500 lights to my satoshi (PICS)

After drilling threw my AC cooler trying to mount my hella 500's
I was able to find an aftermarket AC Cooler, recharge the system and mounted the hella 500's using the "satashi light bar" method mentioned in a thread on this forum.

I was told that in Maine you can't have more than 4 driving lights on at once (low beams and fogs) or (Low beams and Hella's) or if you have the fog light mod: fogs and hella's etc etc.

I kept the hella covers on for now as i plan on only using them from time to time, but i kinda like the look of the light shining threw the covers....not sure if it would be legal to have them lit up with the cover on AND the low beams and fogs....

Not sure if I like the look of the light coming threw the hella covers or not...it's growing on me....

Here is a pic with the hella's off:

And on:

Mounted the switch right next to my back up light switch under the coin holder:

Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take the covers off if you have the lights on.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
very nice, i personally like them better without the Hella covers over the lights, but its your truck, do what you like!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I wouldn't keep them on all the time just think it kinda gives it a cool look for crusin the mall parking lots!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
AKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to beholdAKTACO420 is a splendid one to behold

Name: RETODD
AKTACO420's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks you drilled through the AC hope you didn't breath the fumes in there very very deadly and take those covers off the grill will protect them unless you like not being able to use them
Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Forging Elite Fitness
TACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACODACKS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
TACODACKS's Tacoma Gallery
That's pretty nice looking set up.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
I think i did breathe some of that stuff in....I feel ok though....is there any symptoms i should look out for? I mean i didn't put my lips on the hole and suck in, but i'm sure i must have took a little of it in? should I go to the doctor...this was a month ago....
Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #8
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
I think i did breathe some of that stuff in....I feel ok though....is there any symptoms i should look out for? I mean i didn't put my lips on the hole and suck in, but i'm sure i must have took a little of it in? should I go to the doctor...this was a month ago....
You're Fine....
Old 10-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #9
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
dig the Facshia
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
dig the Facshia

???????
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Human after all
2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice2blu4u is just really nice

2blu4u's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
dig the Facshia
I am thinking they are complimenting you about the front of your truck. I have this mod on my short list. Also, I have been looking for that thread for the satoshi light bar mod, can someone steer me in the right way? Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
cwsandig is on a distinguished road
cwsandig's Tacoma Gallery
this may sound stupid but whats a satashi is that just a type of grille or the way it is installed
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsandig View Post
this may sound stupid but whats a satashi is that just a type of grille or the way it is installed
A Satoshi is a recessed grill. It is custom made. Here is a pic of mine but look at the center grill part, it goes in as you can see.