Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Major issue with 2011 Tacoma Access Cab Door

Old 10-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #21
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad10tacoma View Post
Get a Double-cab problem solved- LOL!!
Baja made is better than Texas made?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
Jwake is on a distinguished road
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
This is definitely a problem and not just a tight seal...went back to the dealer this AM to see if there was one I could live with and the manager there wouldn't even sell me one now that I had identified this a problem. I believe he wanted to make sure I was happy with the truck and didn't want me to drive off with something I was not totally satisified with but as all of the tacos there had the same problem (some very bad) I was good to go with the one in the color I wanted but he refused to sell me one...I drove a hour north to another town and found one in the color, trans, and off road package and got it for almost 2K less - it has a slight problem with the door but one of the ones up there had to be literally slammed to shut the driver door...the passenger door was fine.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #23
TT11 is on a distinguished road
TT11's Tacoma Gallery
Actaully, Baja, Mexico made Tacomas are top quality. As recent as 2008 the Baja plant won the JD Power & Assoc top quality award for all of the North and South American plants.

http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/ne...spx?id=2008063
..."Among North and South American plants, the Toyota plant in Baja California, Mexico, which produces the Toyota Tacoma, achieves the Gold Plant Quality Award. "
Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 PM   #24
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Baja made is better than Texas made?
Texas is not the problem. San Antonio is. Toyota may have certain standards for quality but they will never get past the work ethic here: It's not perfect, it's not good, but it is 'just' good enough.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #25
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Did they try adjusting the rear door too? Since the front door latches into the rear...?
Mechanics said they could not adjust
Old 10-18-2010, 04:50 AM   #28
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
"Major issue with 2011 Tacoma Access Cab Door"

Gap between where the doors come together on driver side is 3-4 millimeters wider than on passenger side. Will try to take pictures if I can get home from work before dark
Old 10-18-2010, 05:42 AM   #29
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If it was made in Texas , shouldn't the door be bigger ? I thought everything was bigger in Texas .
Yea, but they fucked up and made the opening for the door bigger.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:34 AM   #30
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I too, have to shut the driver side front door a little harder than the others.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #31
ExTurbo is on a distinguished road
ExTurbo's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed this, but after my s10's sagging drivers door, a little extra push to close the door doesn't bother me. I used to have to shove paper towels between by door And frame to keep rain from pouring in.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #32
bagster is on a distinguished road
Army: dog handler
bagster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
Mine is fine but yes the doors have to be closed with more force than a normal car to close properly, that's for both sides.

That they do.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
My 2008 cali access cab closed like butter... better than even my d-cab 2010 mexican one.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #34
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Is the door too small or just too far rearward?

Both the hinges and the frame latches are adjustable. Here's the service manual page:
http://www.customtacos.com/tech/file...6ta/062007.pdf
Old 10-19-2010, 04:43 AM   #35
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery

Ken

My first Toy Access Cab was sent to the Toyota Body Shop (my understanding is that there are not many of those around) and again, my understanding is that the mechanics there are not able to adjust the problem away and they have called for an inspector(?) to come down from the Denver office - the mechanics at the dealership - a very large one, had the same position - thanks for the manual though! Given the number of Access Cabs I looked at in the last two weeks that have a significant problem this may be an expensive fix for Toyota...given they don't just call it "normal"...of course that will further affect an already declining customer confidence....should have kept my 05
Old 10-19-2010, 04:49 AM   #36
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwake View Post
I just purchased an 2011 Tacoma Access Cab TRD yesterday and on check out ....

After checking every Access cab on ....
I found your Problem.. Try out a Double Cab and you wont have any of the issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Its because it was made in texas.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #37
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
So did you buy the one for 2k less?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM   #38
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery

Yes I did..actually worked out to about $1600 less and I wanted a 6 spd manual anyway...the driver door only has a slight problem compared to the others I looked at...just disappointed Toyota would let something like this through their QA/QC process...this is my fourth one and was used to the great quality I had in my 2005 and prior
Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #39
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
I found your Problem.. Try out a Double Cab and you wont have any of the issues...

I have a '11 Dbl Cab from the Texas plant, and the dealer mentioned something about having to close the doors a little harder because of the perfect seal with the weather stripping.

Try just opening the window a crack and that might help solve it for you.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #40
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwake View Post
Yes I did..actually worked out to about $1600 less and I wanted a 6 spd manual anyway...the driver door only has a slight problem compared to the others I looked at...just disappointed Toyota would let something like this through their QA/QC process...this is my fourth one and was used to the great quality I had in my 2005 and prior
Congrats on the truck and the savings!
Yes some differences in the newer years, its happening everywhere, so much is not the same quality as before. Good luck with the new 2011!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
I have a '11 Dbl Cab from the Texas plant, and the dealer mentioned something about having to close the doors a little harder because of the perfect seal with the weather stripping.

Try just opening the window a crack and that might help solve it for you.
Thats a good suggestion. Welcome to the forum for both 2011 owners!