Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Major issue with 2011 Tacoma Access Cab Door

Old 10-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Jwake is on a distinguished road
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
Major issue with 2011 Tacoma Access Cab Door

I just purchased an 2011 Tacoma Access Cab TRD yesterday and on check out it had a significant problem with closing the driver side door without alot more force than normal (you almost had to slam it). Took it in this AM and they could not adjust.

The driver door was actually a few millimeters smaller in width than the passenger door and the latch post and latch were not aligned properly and could not be aligned.

The dealer was awesome and had another Tacoma driven in from out of town in the color I wanted and it was the same.

After checking every Access cab on the lot they all had the same problem...these were all made at the new plant in Texas...what the heck is going on with Toyota????

I have had 3 Tacoma and all have been great...I got my trade back but want a new Tacoma...looks like I might have to find a year old and try for that.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Its because it was made in texas.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #4
N O X I O U S
SD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of lightSD2011Taco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Chris
SD2011Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is just fine.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
supralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to beholdsupralight is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
supralight's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is fine but yes the doors have to be closed with more force than a normal car to close properly, that's for both sides.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #6
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Hey!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
the door was smaller?

If it was made in Texas , shouldn't the door be bigger ? I thought everything was bigger in Texas .
Old 10-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
Shaq-enzy Falls
supataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura aboutsupataco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ichiro
supataco's Tacoma Gallery
^^Maybe they expect the OWNERS to be bigger, thus the hard to close door? O_O
Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If it was made in Texas , shouldn't the door be bigger ? I thought everything was bigger in Texas .

You got it all wrong... the truck it self is bigger, not the door, it's normal sized.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:32 PM   #10
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
You got it all wrong... the truck it self is bigger, not the door, it's normal sized.
Now it all makes sense .
Old 10-16-2010, 03:42 AM   #11
ChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightChompsterTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Chompster
ChompsterTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My taco is the same but I figure out that the damn cabin is so air tight that it takes a lot more effort to shut the door.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 AM   #12
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
...except for access cab driver doors. That wasn't part of the bargain.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:41 AM   #13
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get a Double-cab problem solved- LOL!!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:05 AM   #14
BloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura aboutBloodEagle has a spectacular aura about

BloodEagle's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't noticed any greater force required, but there is a distinctly different "sound" to the closing of the door with respect to pax side; it's got that "tin can" sound to it. I'll have to inspect it more closely now.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #15
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
So used to a quality product in the toy trucks I own it would probably drive me crazy to deal with the door issue for the next 5 years (that is how long I keep them). My wife just bought a 4Runner and a very gentle push will close either door just fine. If I didn't sleep in the back when camping and hunting, I would go for the 4 door...not sure what to do with the little bed on the 4 door.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:52 AM   #16
Jwake's Tacoma Gallery
Does it make a difference if flat or slanted ground?

Wonder if the frame is flexing and causing the problem...when I had the truck on less than flat ground, one door or the other would be harder to close
Old 10-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #17
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

IMO, i really dont like the "texas" edition tacoma's. Espcially because every single one ive seen in my area not only has the huge chrome wheels, chrome accents EVERYWHERE.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #18
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supralight View Post
Mine is fine but yes the doors have to be closed with more force than a normal car to close properly, that's for both sides.

I went from a regular cab to an AC. There is a different sound in the two and I attribute this to the two doors coming together without a pillar.

The "more difficult door shutting" is a sign of a good, tight seal. I don't see this as a problem.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Did they try adjusting the rear door too? Since the front door latches into the rear...?