Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Feed Back

Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
ToddG is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
Feed Back

New Taco has arrived will pick it up next week,have decided to install a S/C with headers and exhaust system. Any one run the DTLT headers with a S/C. Would like to get some suggestion and feed back on Long versa shorties.

TacoTodd
Old 10-16-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
New Taco has arrived will pick it up next week,have decided to install a S/C with headers and exhaust system. Any one run the DTLT headers with a S/C. Would like to get some suggestion and feed back on Long versa shorties.

TacoTodd
Don't know about a S/C, but when I did my header research it looked like long tube headers where consistently better. The only exception that I found to that was if the header/manifold was tuned to the pulse det sequence of the engine and was actually doing exhaust extraction. None of the ones I could find had been done that way.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to look at the problems someone reported here with installing a supercharger after the pedal recall is performed. Apparently the dealerships can't flash the computer with the supercharger programming after the pedal flash is done.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
ToddG is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
ToddG's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Ok i will check into that I was not aware of the pedal problem on the 2011 since I am flying down next week to pick up the Taco
Thanks again
Have a great week
TacoTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
You might want to look at the problems someone reported here with installing a supercharger after the pedal recall is performed. Apparently the dealerships can't flash the computer with the supercharger programming after the pedal flash is done.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quick and easy fix for the supercharger and e-prom flash (its for the tranny, not the pedal). GET A MANUAL. You dont run into any flash problems if you have a manual and a SC, on the auto has an issue.