1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feed Back

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ToddG, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Oct 16, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    ToddG

ToddG [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 White/Tan
    New Taco has arrived will pick it up next week,have decided to install a S/C with headers and exhaust system. Any one run the DTLT headers with a S/C. Would like to get some suggestion and feed back on Long versa shorties.

TacoTodd

2. Oct 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM
    Leadgolem

Leadgolem Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 2.7L 4x4 stick
    Herculiner bed liner, White LED instrument lights, Custom painted hood, Homemade leather steering wheel wrap, Avic u310bt gps stereo, 1.5" bushwacker fender flares, 1.25" bilstein lift front, 1" shackle lift rear, rear bilstein 5100 shocks, ridiculous helper spring lift rear, wet okole seat covers, mutilated exhaust, boom mat under hood
    Don't know about a S/C, but when I did my header research it looked like long tube headers where consistently better. The only exception that I found to that was if the header/manifold was tuned to the pulse det sequence of the engine and was actually doing exhaust extraction. None of the ones I could find had been done that way.

3. Oct 17, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    JKD

JKD Well-Known Member

Member:
    You might want to look at the problems someone reported here with installing a supercharger after the pedal recall is performed. Apparently the dealerships can't flash the computer with the supercharger programming after the pedal flash is done.

4. Oct 18, 2010 at 7:34 AM
    ToddG

ToddG [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 White/Tan
    Ok i will check into that I was not aware of the pedal problem on the 2011 since I am flying down next week to pick up the Taco
    Thanks again
    Have a great week
    TacoTodd

5. Oct 18, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Quick and easy fix for the supercharger and e-prom flash (its for the tranny, not the pedal). GET A MANUAL. You dont run into any flash problems if you have a manual and a SC, on the auto has an issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top