LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What??? No Tacoma wave? Guess what it starts now!

Old 10-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Ch035 is on a distinguished road
Ch035's Tacoma Gallery
What??? No Tacoma wave? Guess what it starts now!

I just bought a new 2011 Tacoma and noticed that nobody does the wave while passing on the street. There is a jeep wave, sold that bought a motorcycle... There is a wave for that... Now I sold the bike to buy the Tacoma and people just look at me like an idiot when I wave at em...if we all start waving at each other it will catch on! Who is with me?
Old 10-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
toytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant futuretoytacoma22 has a brilliant future
Name: Jason
toytacoma22's Tacoma Gallery
I have noticed the same thing.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I wave to all the Taco's when they pass, but 99% of the time no one is paying attention.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
GWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the roughGWL is a jewel in the rough
Name: justin
GWL's Tacoma Gallery
i wave every time i see a tacoma with mods they always wave back. i wave at any yota done up really and normally get waves back
Old 10-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Señor Member
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Some ppl say hi or what's up. Others look @ u like ur an idiot or try to race u...
Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
The I only got the Jeep wave when I had a Wrangler, or my 92 XJ. I think it's mostly a Wrangler thing or modified XJ thing. My 92 was rattle canned desert tan, doorless, lifted, and beat to hell

There are so many Tacomas around here I couldn't keep up with waving all the time...
Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
its been discussed before

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=1387658
Old 10-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i usually dont wave. i only do the middle finger wave if someone pisses me off LOL
Old 10-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
And now for something completely different....
Priddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shedPriddle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Priddle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
Some ppl say hi or what's up. Others look @ u like ur an idiot or try to race u...
LOL

Don't forget the snowmobiler wave! We almost fall off our sleds because we're waving so hard.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I just give the one finger solute....or if I know the person is form here I do this face and hand gesture
Old 10-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
They sell about 150,000 of these things a year, most of them to middle-aged or older men who just want a reliable Home Depot/Daily Driver truck.

Waving to people with obvious mods might get you somewhere. Other than that, you're mostly waving to confused 40+ yr. old strangers.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
Cogneato is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Cogneato's Tacoma Gallery
I passed this REALLY nice Tacoma with a lot of nice upgrades and I was just driving along beside it checking it out because it was nice, and I looked up at the guy to wave and he's doing everything in his power to FLIP ME OFF! I was pissed, so I chased him down. When we came up to a stop light I rolled my window down to get his attention and he looked at me and gave this "retarded" sign or something, then I showed him that I was just merely trying to compliment his awesome truck by pointing to his tires, promptly giving him the finger right after that!! What a friggin' jerk some people are.

Lesson of the day. Don't be a F****** a**hole taco driver.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogneato View Post
I passed this REALLY nice Tacoma with a lot of nice upgrades and I was just driving along beside it checking it out because it was nice, and I looked up at the guy to wave and he's doing everything in his power to FLIP ME OFF! I was pissed, so I chased him down. When we came up to a stop light I rolled my window down to get his attention and he looked at me and gave this "retarded" sign or something, then I showed him that I was just merely trying to compliment his awesome truck by pointing to his tires, promptly giving him the finger right after that!! What a friggin' jerk some people are.

Lesson of the day. Don't be a F****** a**hole taco driver.
^^
This. Around here people are the same way. Like "WTF you looking at asshole?"
Old 10-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
^^
This. Around here people are the same way. Like "WTF you looking at asshole?"
Exactly. When you put mods on anything you're screaming for people to look at you! So why be a jerk and lash out at someone whose trying to compliment your creativity?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly. When you put mods on anything you're screaming for people to look at you! So why be a jerk and lash out at someone whose trying to compliment your creativity?
It's like this. A chick gets a boob job and it looks amazing as always and so all the guys that walk by her gotta take a look right? Well most of the time she just yells and screams at me for staring and drooling. So basically when you put mods on your Tacoma, it's like giving it a boob job.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
It's like this. A chick gets a boob job and it looks amazing as always and so all the guys that walk by her gotta take a look right? Well most of the time she just yells and screams at me for staring and drooling. So basically when you put mods on your Tacoma, it's like giving it a boob job.

Oh so its an insecurity issue then, that's what you're trying to say. Well my friend, I wouldn't be insecure about someone wanting to compliment something I worked so hard on. I would actually hope someone would see all the hard work and effort put into a project.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ second that dude, if a fellow taco-driver,or anyone for that matter, waves at me or gives me a thumbs up. A "hey, nice truck" gesture, then I'd say the same to them. People checking out your mods is only them appreciating what you've done with your ride. modding trucks is about personalization and making it the way you like it. Sometimes I wave to another taco, even if its stock, and then see its a 50 year old lady...she obviously doesn't care what color the grille is on her truck. But..some people do, and we like to celebrate that at a stoplight with a wave, haha
Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Ehh I can appreciate the work put into other's rigs but what people think of my truck doesn't concern me TBH. Only time I'll ask someone's opinion or appreciate their opinion is if I'm on the fence about something.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post

Quote:
Oh so its an insecurity issue then, that's what you're trying to say. Well my friend, I wouldn't be insecure about someone wanting to compliment something I worked so hard on. I would actually hope someone would see all the hard work and effort put into a project.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #20
FlyingTaco will become famous soon enough
Army:
FlyingTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
^^^^ second that dude, if a fellow taco-driver,or anyone for that matter, waves at me or gives me a thumbs up. A "hey, nice truck" gesture, then I'd say the same to them. People checking out your mods is only them appreciating what you've done with your ride. modding trucks is about personalization and making it the way you like it. Sometimes I wave to another taco, even if its stock, and then see its a 50 year old lady...she obviously doesn't care what color the grille is on her truck. But..some people do, and we like to celebrate that at a stoplight with a wave, haha
Hahaha so true. I had a Wrangler with a lift and big tires before my Taco and it's not the same with a taco. Not many old ladies drive Jeep Wranglers or ride motorcycles/snowmobiles so a wave got a wave. Tacos tho a wave may get you more fingers and frowns than waves and whistles.