Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

audio recommendations

Old 10-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
audio recommendations

I'm confused about upgrading the door speakers and all that is there certain kits with crossovers do i need crossovers, what do I need it's kinda driving me nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
audio recommendations-dsc00279.jpg  
Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 AM   #2
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
you can get componant speakers that have a seperate woofer and tweeter or just get a 2 way speaker. go to crutchfield.com they can show ya what will fit your truck. if ya get the componant speakers though you will have to mount the crossovers someplace and get a special bracket for the tweeter. theyll send ya the ring for the woofer.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:59 AM   #3
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it gets a little confusing... I'd attempt to explain but it would get real wordy so here are my recommendations.

There's a wealth of information on this site in the Audio Section. Go to: Forum List>Tacoma Garage>Audio/Video accessed from links above. There's all kinds of TW member installs there and that'll get you started.

Crutchfield.com is a good source of information although they're real conservative with their "what fits" recommendations. I'd mainly use them to figure out the differences between components, coax, 6x9 or subs. They are a very good company to deal with.

I'm hesitant to say this but tacotunes.com has some good information too... however, that is not an endorsement of their business. It seems many here at TW have had poor service from them. You can also youtube tacotunes and there are several informative videos there too.

Good thing I didn't try to explain it because it would have gotten wordy... Ha, ha! Good luck...
Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
LOL tahnks