1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

audio recommendations

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nick Sells, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Oct 17, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    Nick Sells

Nick Sells [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elgin, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    I'm confused about upgrading the door speakers and all that is there certain kits with crossovers do i need crossovers, what do I need it's kinda driving me nuts.

DSC00279.jpg

2. Oct 18, 2010 at 2:39 AM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    you can get componant speakers that have a seperate woofer and tweeter or just get a 2 way speaker. go to crutchfield.com they can show ya what will fit your truck. if ya get the componant speakers though you will have to mount the crossovers someplace and get a special bracket for the tweeter. theyll send ya the ring for the woofer.

3. Oct 18, 2010 at 4:59 AM
    478DblSport

478DblSport Thermonuclear Protection

Member:
    Byron, GA
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Streak Mica PreRunner DC TRD Sport
    | EXTERIOR | DiamondBack SE Tonneau Cover, Havoc HS2 Hoop Steps, Tailgate Hose Clamp Mod, Shortened OEM Antenna, DeeZee Bed Mat | INTERIOR | Flyzeye V2W (Amber/White/Amber), RAM Mt A-Pillar Mod, Audio: Pioneer AVH-X5700, PDX-5 (119Wx4+410W), Polk Audio MM6501 (F) & MM651 (R), JL Audio CP108LG-W3v3 (Sub), w/Monster, Rockford, & Streetwire cabling, Metra Dash Kit.
    Yeah, it gets a little confusing... I'd attempt to explain but it would get real wordy so here are my recommendations.

There's a wealth of information on this site in the Audio Section. Go to: Forum List>Tacoma Garage>Audio/Video accessed from links above. There's all kinds of TW member installs there and that'll get you started.

Crutchfield.com is a good source of information although they're real conservative with their "what fits" recommendations. I'd mainly use them to figure out the differences between components, coax, 6x9 or subs. They are a very good company to deal with.

I'm hesitant to say this but *********.com has some good information too... however, that is not an endorsement of their business. It seems many here at TW have had poor service from them. You can also youtube ********* and there are several informative videos there too.

Good thing I didn't try to explain it because it would have gotten wordy... Ha, ha! Good luck...

4. Oct 18, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    Nick Sells

Nick Sells [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elgin, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Bone Stock
    LOL tahnks

Products Discussed in

To Top