LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

hid problem help please

Old 10-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
kauai808boy is on a distinguished road

kauai808boy's Tacoma Gallery
hid problem help please

ok i got my hid lights and was installing it on my fog lights and i effin touched one of the bulbs with my hand and some sealent so i tried testing it out too see if it would work and when i ran it straight to the battery the light started flickering on and off then shut off everytime i remove and put back on the power to the batter it does this im thinking its the bulb or the ballast i hope its not the ballast cause ill be super pissed

so please help tell me wat u think

its a 55w ddm slim ballast
Old 10-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Sounds like loose wiring to me.. The bulb should explode if you get contaminants on it.. or work normally.

The ballast could be going bad I guess but also is unlikely given the symptoms.

My guess is a loose connector.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:56 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
Sounds like loose wiring to me.. The bulb should explode if you get contaminants on it.. or work normally.
x2....they tel you not touch the bulbs because getting the oils from your hands on the bulb can create a hot spot...so once the bulb is lit for a while it can blow out.

Touching the bulbs wouldn't prevent them from turning on initially.