Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Budbuilt skid plate help

Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
aarwolf is on a distinguished road

aarwolf's Tacoma Gallery
Budbuilt skid plate help

So I just got my 4 piece budbuilt skids and crossmember from Fed Ex today. No instructions and I think missing pieces. Bud is out of town for the week and I need to get them on my truck before the weekend. If anyone has recently installed a set for a 2005+ please help. The online instructions say to remove the second crossmember from the transmission and reinstall the new one. 2 problems. 1) It doesn't look like the new crossmember actually replaces the OEM and there are no bolt holes. 2) In the website pics, there appears to be another spacer type bar that goes in the middle of the rear plate and the instructions discuss some allen type screws...none of which came with my set. I haven't rerouted my exhaust and will have to drop the last plate down so this may be my problem. Any advise and/or pics would be great. I plan to paint and attempt to put up the sliders and crossmember tomorrow and don't want to wait until Bud is back. I have a wheeling trip planned this weekend 10/22. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #2

aarwolf's Tacoma Gallery
I am am thinking (hoping) the website has universal or Gen 1 tacoma instructions.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I think Bud redesigned the skidplates since I got mine. I have that rectangular spacer bar on my setup, but I'm pretty sure his later designs keep everything tucked up tighter to the frame.

Bumping this to the top for you.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #4

aarwolf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I think Bud redesigned the skidplates since I got mine. I have that rectangular spacer bar on my setup, but I'm pretty sure his later designs keep everything tucked up tighter to the frame.

Bumping this to the top for you.
Thanks. I am going to attempt to put it up without the spacer or with some washers for space today.