Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Could this be a scam?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Could this be a scam?

Sounds WAY to good to me to be true or am I wrong? http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/2013833806.html
Old 10-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
thats about the going price
Old 10-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toojayz View Post
Sounds WAY to good to me to be true or am I wrong? http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ctd/2013833806.html
Did you do a KBB look-up?
Old 10-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
thats about the going price
I thought they were worth more than that. I may have to take a look at this in that case. We'll see what happens
Old 10-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
2011s are out. 5 years old.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:37 PM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I would call and see, if they want you to transfer or do the money in a weird way, its a scam. Check to see if they have plates for it, I understand they may not want them in the pictures, but is it stolen? Get the vin and run a check if you are worried.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
seems legit to me
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Looks legit. It's posted in NY and Philly Craigslist also.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I almost said it was fake because the mudflaps were all in place and not broken, but scratch that, looks like the front passenger side is missing. Your safe.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #10
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
maybe not a scam. It has three different brands of tires on it, not what I would consider to be well maintained atleast in that regard.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #11
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toojayz View Post
The guy selling this thing appears to be a wholesaler or something. Anyone else notice the " As is No Warranty" paperwork on the rear window in a couple of those shots? Way to many detailed photos to be a scam in my estimation, looks like a wholesaler selling cars via Craigslist hence the "as is no warranty" paperwork affixed to the passenger side rear window(pic#'s 24 & 25) and no tags on the truck..
Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #12
Blackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to beholdBlackdawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Water Walker - E6
Blackdawn's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I just bought my 07 double cab with 60k for 17,000. The price is legit, but I would use a car buying agency to ensure you don not get taken in the deal. Most banks offer this service for free to their customers.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #13
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like a legit ad to me.

One thing that is odd, is that its a Jersey truck (based on the sellers phone number at least) And there are no mounting holes for a license plate in the front bumper, nor are there any wear marks from a rear license plate. Going off just that I'd say it has had some body work done. Also the front bumper doesn't look lined up perfectly.

If you go for it out, definetly carfox it, and possibly have a body shop check it out and make sure that it is NOT a salvage title

My vote is for wholesaler as well. Possibly fixed it up on the cheap (note mismatched tires)
Old 10-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #14
BAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to beholdBAT24 is a splendid one to behold

BAT24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
It looks like a legit ad to me.

One thing that is odd, is that its a Jersey truck (based on the sellers phone number at least) And there are no mounting holes for a license plate in the front bumper, nor are there any wear marks from a rear license plate. Going off just that I'd say it has had some body work done. Also the front bumper doesn't look lined up perfectly.

If you go for it out, definetly carfox it, and possibly have a body shop check it out and make sure that it is NOT a salvage title

My vote is for wholesaler as well. Possibly fixed it up on the cheap (note mismatched tires)
I missed the " mismatched tires.. It could also be an out of state truck possibly Pennsylvania?? Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Pennsylvania runs front plates and since it borders Jersey that could be a possibility.. If you are considering it definitely have a legit body shop check it out, they will notice things in regard to prior repairs that most people wouldn't.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT24 View Post
I missed the " mismatched tires.. It could also be an out of state truck possibly Pennsylvania?? Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Pennsylvania runs front plates and since it borders Jersey that could be a possibility.. If you are considering it definitely have a legit body shop check it out, they will notice things in regard to prior repairs that most people wouldn't.
I noticed the tires also. This is why I'm uneasy about buying used. By May of '11, I'll be able to buy a new tacoma. Maybe I should wait instead of jumping the gun just to get one now. More importantly, to get a real warranty.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #16
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Also, this may be just me but if you look really close at the first two pics, the rear drivers door looks to me like it has been painted. The color is just slightly off from the rest (i think). It could be either that or most of the truck has been painted.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #17
Gusaroo is on a distinguished road
Name: Joe
Gusaroo's Tacoma Gallery
I avoid all craigslist ads were the words (the actual fonts) are an image rather than what you usually see, (see if you can highlight any words) the seller does that to avoid being caught in craigslist search engine fraud sweeps. I'd say this guy is a savvy scammer on craigslist...not being sold by some honest Mom and Pop.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #19
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
It's almost identical to mine, except I have the OR rather than the Sport pkg. Mine had 48k miles, and I paid a bit less.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
front drivers seat is seriously worn and no floor mats... makes me think the inside is in "okay" condition. You may want to grab some seat covers and weathertec's if you buy it.

Nathan
ycart1201