Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

For those that crate their dogs....

Old 10-19-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
tacoyaki is on a distinguished road
tacoyaki's Tacoma Gallery
For those that crate their dogs....

how are you guys securing the crate to the bed of the truck?

Thanks
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i took and bolted it to my toolbox, or take eye bolts and mount them to the top sides and strap it down to the side channels. just so this doesnt happen to you, i lost my best bird dog on a hunting trip cause his collar got caught in the top wire to the door and chocked him. please take his collar off when crated.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
jdaniel1463 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
jdaniel1463's Tacoma Gallery
Rachet straps to the top and front works well for me. I have a 500 series and a 400 series side by side.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
fredfarmer has a spectacular aura aboutfredfarmer has a spectacular aura about
fredfarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i took and bolted it to my toolbox, or take eye bolts and mount them to the top sides and strap it down to the side channels. just so this doesnt happen to you, i lost my best bird dog on a hunting trip cause his collar got caught in the top wire to the door and chocked him. please take his collar off when crated.
Damn man, sorry to hear that and thanks for posting for future avoidance. I'm training my 1st bird dog (llewellin setter) now for next season.

OP, I was just gonna tie it to a couple of bed rail cleats.

I wish I could let him run around in the bed, but I just dont trust him not to jump out/ It would be nice to tie a leash to the center of the bed, but I wouldn't trust that either.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
judd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant futurejudd94 has a brilliant future
EMS:
judd94's Tacoma Gallery
i used to have a boxer. while in the bed i would put a harness on him, put a rope between 2 opposite corner d rings. on the rope i would have a clamp thingy that would turn 360 freely. he could move around the bed and check out the sites but still "belted" to the bed. it was tested once. i was driving on a slow road and he jumped after another dog. he was suspended on side of truck from his harness. his only injury was he tore a nail into 3 pieces.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
be very careful about how you attach the crate into the bed, i like to have mine in the cab when possible. just be sure and keep in mind that worst case if you are involved in a major accident, say a rollover you want the dog and crate to stay with the truck.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #7
The tacoman is on a distinguished road
The tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoyaki View Post
how are you guys securing the crate to the bed of the truck?

Thanks

I have a bed mat and have never had any problem with the crate sliding around, even when driving without the dog in the crate it doesn't move, not tieing it down or anything. As long as you don't wreck your truck it shouldn't be a problem. Bed mats are nice to have anyway.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a tread that you might find helpful.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ners-dogs.html