Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Aftermarket BHLM Thoughts?

Old 10-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket BHLM Thoughts?

http://store.everythingcarparts.com/...-p8198884.html

Their cheap...but you know how that goes. Anyone have any experience with them? I dont trust myself doing the BHLM, so I think I have to buy them.

All help appreciated.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed11BSSG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Matt
11BSSG's Tacoma Gallery
Not to tell you how to do things, but I just completed the BHLM about 2 hours ago and it was easy. Just take your time (3-6 hours, depending on beer, patience, etc.) I am confident that my OEM headlights will work out fine with the BHLM. I just did a write up on this and you can look in the lighting section to find some tips and tricks. I would save the money on the aftermarket lights and spend the $6 on some paint and be done with it! Good luck either way, it is a good mod!
Old 10-20-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I got some on ebay that are "depo" brand, and haven't had any issues with them.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
The middle ground is watching the buy/sell/trade section of TW for members selling their BHLM headlights. They're less expensive, but still factory lights. And if they're mildly imperfect, well, that's probably what you would have gotten if you did the DIY. And the best is, then you still have your factory lights to go back to if you aren't happy.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thank you all. Id like to do the BHLM myself but as I already stated I dont trust myself. Anyone in the Houston area have spare time (obviously Ill give money for beer. I dont drink).
Old 10-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Thank you all. Id like to do the BHLM myself but as I already stated I dont trust myself. Anyone in the Houston area have spare time (obviously Ill give money for beer. I dont drink).
Try in the Texas regional forum. I'm sure someone would be willing to help.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing you are considering and couldn't been happier. I would've done it myself but I wanted to keep my stocks just in case I change my mind later or if I decided to sell the truck later down the road. Bought mine off eBay, just put a bead of silicone around the housing before install and you should be fine.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #8
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, good deal. I would just put a bead of silicone around them once I got them. I'm probably going to be buying "ebay" headlights too. I did the BHLM myself on my stock lights, and they were good until about a month ago after I went through a car wash. The passenger light started leaking. I tried re-sealing it, but it's still leaking. The drivers side is perfect though.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxRacer190 View Post
Wow, good deal. I would just put a bead of silicone around them once I got them. I'm probably going to be buying "ebay" headlights too. I did the BHLM myself on my stock lights, and they were good until about a month ago after I went through a car wash. The passenger light started leaking. I tried re-sealing it, but it's still leaking. The drivers side is perfect though.
Your the second person to mention silicone. Why does everyone mention to silicone ebay lights? Or those lights?