LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Head Light Bulb Swap

Old 10-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Head Light Bulb Swap

I switched out my amber side marker (194's) and myamber running/blinker (4157's) bulbs for some plain jane silverstar white bulbs (3157LL's and 194LL's), and for a total of 12 bucks; it's a really nice simple look. No crazy colors, no reason for the cops to harass you, and the day running/marker/fog combo looks great for dusk driving. I will get some pics up as soon as the sun goes down. Think I might work on taking the amber lens and orange reflectors out next. Anyone know of any posts that refer to this mod?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Search BHLM (black headlight mod). While you have the headlights apart, you can remove the amber lens and reflector. There are a few write-ups on the mod, just ignore the painting part unless you want to go that route also.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Search BHLM (black headlight mod). While you have the headlights apart, you can remove the amber lens and reflector. There are a few write-ups on the mod, just ignore the painting part unless you want to go that route also.
Thanks! I am blacking out my truck, but I think the chrome stock head lights look good with the silver paint. I think the black head lights narrow the front end. I'm trying to keep it open up, thus the (future) satoshigrill. possible some eyelids (not the angry or trex) to match the top line of the grill. I just like clean lines -->Pianting my bottom valance tonight! Thanks again for the help.