1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Slider designs for 2010 access cab

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brow, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:06 AM
    brow

brow [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2020 Dodge Ram 1500
    Ok, so after a couple hours of searching I'm hoping someone out there can help me out. After my first morning of having to scrape off my trucks windshield (damn Minnesota, it's still October) I realized I need some sort of step rail on my truck, I'm 5'11" and still can't reach the middle of the windshield. I hate the look of the OEM and standard nerf bars. And I don't want the typical "step rail" design with the steps located at the doors.

What I am looking for is preferably a bolt on slider made out of square tubing that sticks out a little farther than your typical slider so I can actually use it as a step rail, make it easier to load Canoes and reach into the front of the truck bed.

Anyone out there have any suggestions or places to start? Has anyone even seen a bolt-on slider made out of square tubing.

and before I get flamed for the bolt-on aspect of what I'm looking for, my truck is my only vehicle, and I use it for work everyday. I can't afford to off-road it and take the chance of beating the hell out of it, these sliders I'm looking for won't see the abuse that would warrant a weld-on version.

2. Oct 24, 2010 at 9:06 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
  3. Oct 24, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Luc@z

Luc@z Well-Known Member

Member:
    NKY
    Vehicle:
    07 SW DCSB SR5 4X4 Manual

Products Discussed in