Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just bought a '11 4 Door Double Cab (pics included). Give me some mod ideas!

Old 10-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #21
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i think 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 is the biggest tire you can run with a stock suspension. someone correct me if im wrong. btw nice truck .
Old 10-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #22
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
i think 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 is the biggest tire you can run with a stock suspension. someone correct me if im wrong. btw nice truck .
Great info, thanks alot!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #24
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
I have 265/75/16's with no lift.. The only time it rubs is when the wheel is turned pretty far and going up a fairly steep incline (like turning into a parking lot). It happens so rarely that it still surprises me every time. I would recommended that size if you are not planning on a lift.

Congrats on your new truck!
Old 10-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #25
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
here are some ideas

stock:

A few upgrades:

<< - check out my stuff to the left, more photos
all this for less than 1500 bucks
Old 10-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
Falcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFalcon86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Falcon86's Tacoma Gallery
May be a dumb question, but does anyone paint the grey fender flares? I'm already wishing they were glossy black like the paint. Same with bumper. Or any aftermarket options I should look for? I'm not crazy about the Bushwackers and those keep popping up.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #27
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post

And my black lab definitely approves, he's given it his drool mark of approval all down the passengers window/door after a quick ride haha.
I recommend some Wet Okole seat covers seeing as you have a dog and a kid...Put my nephew's carseat in my truck for two days and it left a mark where the base rubbed on the back part of the rear seat
Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #28
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
First, I would start by painting the rims:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...rims-easy.html

That would make the fenders blend more with the truck.

Next would be getting some goodyear Duratrac's 265/75R16.
I know your tires are new , but they are very limited.
The Duratracs are a outstanding AT tire, and would improve the looks instantly.
They would also be great for heading down to the beaches of N.C.

Then go from there!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
jermac05 is on a distinguished road
jermac05's Tacoma Gallery
nice color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
Just picked her up on Saturday. The dealership made it worth my while to go ahead and trade in and get the Tacoma, so I did exactly that. It's a 2.7l 4cyl, PreRunner double cab with short bed. Base model, but I love it.

What do you guys think I should do? I'd like some black wheels with beefier tires, but not sure if I'd have to put a lift on it. Anyone know the biggest wheel size I could run while leaving it stock?

The only reason I'd be hesitant to put a lift kit on it would be for warranty reasons.
im also thinking og getting one on red. how much did you buy it?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:20 PM   #30
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
If u stay with stock 32's are ur limit but even with a 3inch procomp space lift and leveling the back then u can put 33's just bought a 2011 trd off-road 4x4 and miss that mod that was on my 06
Old 04-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #31
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
What's the deal with these new okole seatcovers there very pricey but look great anyone know where u can get them cheap
Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #32
SilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverTacoZack is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zack
SilverTacoZack's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, leave the flares and all black, I always wished mine had just came like that instead of color matched. If I were you I'd just get new wheels/tires. Basically thats all I've really done to mine and it made a huge difference, even with no lift you can fit 285/60/18's or 285/70/17's I think.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM   #33
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man! Good luck with it!