Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

STOCK TRD SPORT COILS

Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
STOCK TRD SPORT COILS

These are from my truck, I now have the billy 5100s up front.

I guess the driver side coil is slightly longer, or wound less tight, (to account for lean) or is it my imagination? Can someone confirm?

Driver side is the one with the pink nail paint on it.
Attached Thumbnails
STOCK TRD SPORT COILS-stockcoils.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the driver side is a little longer to account for the weight of the fuel tank, battery, and other heavy items on that side.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
bigfro is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
bigfro's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to bigfro Send a message via Skype™ to bigfro
My favorite part about this post is the fact that the OP has pink nail paint in his tool box. :-)

I didn't realize the driverside was actually longer, I just had mine off a few months ago.... :-) hopefully they went back on the correct sides!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfro View Post
My favorite part about this post is the fact that the OP has pink nail paint in his tool box. :-)

I didn't realize the driverside was actually longer, I just had mine off a few months ago.... :-) hopefully they went back on the correct sides!
They are painted from the factory.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfro View Post

I just knew someone was going to say something about the paint

Actually I bought it (and a couple other colors) to mark up gun sights, and it also is good for identifying things (like spring) cause it doesn't wear off easily. For the record, though, I did ask my wife to get them from the store!