Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 PM   #1
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!

I'm tired of Door Dings! I've got 4 of them already. 3 on one door. Even though one came from my son opening my wife's car door in the garage, I want/NEED to protect my truck from future door dents. Hell, the molding would cover two of them alone.
Have you seen these before on any Tacoma?
I saw a picture of this truck and yes I would agree it does make the SPORT DC look a little base modelish, but they do look freakin' awesome. Not the same generic stuff from Napa Auto parts or other similar stores. I thought they were factory, but I can't find anyone that knows what I'm talking about. So now here I am asking you guys. Would you buy one of these for yourself? Do you think they look cool? I'd try to get them color-keyed! Let me know! Oh by the way, I have googled and tried ebay...no thank you.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Never seen a molding for our trucks (that I recall).

My suggestion, look into a set of Sliders. They would require you remove your steps on the side, but they will protect you from door dings as well as protect you from damage if you get hung up off road (judging from your screen name, you wheel). They also work well as steps if you need 'em. Just my opinion though. They work even better (for door dings) when your lifted.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

I pulled into a parking lot and waited for this lady to get into her car next to me before I got out. She was having a difficult time putting her balloons in her convertible. She was so determined to get them in her car and herself that she had no other hopes of fitting everything until her door rested on my truck. I rolled down my window and said "You could have at least waited until I got out of my truck before hitting it!" Luckily she hit the tube step! I don't mind dented tube steps or even sliders, but I do need the footing for use of my rack (the one on top just for clarification ). I have seen some real nice ones. But I really scored on these for $160 used. I should though lift the truck higher, but my wife won't let me! LOL.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:49 PM   #4
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a set I have on my truck....color matched so it doesn't look like a base model.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
They look like they could be from Dawn Enterprises Inc.
Here's a vendor.
http://www.automotiveconcepts.net/st...edium=organic#

You have to put the paint code for your vehicle in the comments when you order (1E7 for the silver). It looks like the picture in the first post swapped the passenger and driver side door trims to get the different angle on the front piece.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!

w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
StevieStyles, I like yours a lot! Are you happy with those? Does the color match exactly? Any regrets? Tell me tell me tell me! I'm soooo excited that their color matched! Where did you buy them from? Is it the same place as robrjohnson described? Price? Is it me or is the cut in between the two doors not parallel to the doors? Im sure its just the angle of the picture. They're HOT! I'd rate it a 10 if you had a picture of them on your profile. Any input would be VERY helpful.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
StevieStyles, I like yours a lot! Are you happy with those? Does the color match exactly? Any regrets? Tell me tell me tell me! I'm soooo excited that their color matched! Where did you buy them from? Is it the same place as robrjohnson described? Price? Is it me or is the cut in between the two doors not parallel to the doors? Im sure its just the angle of the picture. They're HOT! I'd rate it a 10 if you had a picture of them on your profile. Any input would be VERY helpful.
I'm very happy with mine. The color matches perfectly, and they have saved me from a few door dings here and there. I ordered mine from a vendor off of ebay, but they went through the same company robjohnson posted. I think I paid $199.00 for them 2 years ago. I searched long and hard to find these, and like you, I wanted something that looked OEM and not "base model" like the plain black rubber or cheesy like chrome strips. The cut of the molding is parallel to the doors, I think it just looks off because of the door strips I have installed as well. Trust me, if you go with the color matched set like mine, you will not be dissappointed. From the picture below, it's hard to tell they're on the truck.

Old 07-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
NICE i have to have them
Old 08-30-2008, 07:38 AM   #9
Scavenger
zombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to allzombot is a name known to all

zombot's Tacoma Gallery
i want some black ones for my black and white look-
but i think if i spent my money and THEY got dinged i'd be just a mad.
even madder if i had colormatched them like you guys.

yeah i've already found a little blue paint mar on my passenger side.

i guess i should just park on the farthest end of the fucking lot
Old 08-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #10
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombot View Post
i want some black ones for my black and white look-
but i think if i spent my money and THEY got dinged i'd be just a mad.
even madder if i had colormatched them like you guys.

yeah i've already found a little blue paint mar on my passenger side.

i guess i should just park on the farthest end of the fucking lot

Parking far away doesn't seem to help either....There's too many malicious A-Holes around these days
Old 08-30-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
I'm tired of Door Dings! I've got 4 of them already. 3 on one door. Even though one came from my son opening my wife's car door in the garage, I want/NEED to protect my truck from future door dents. Hell, the molding would cover two of them alone.
Have you seen these before on any Tacoma?
I saw a picture of this truck and yes I would agree it does make the SPORT DC look a little base modelish, but they do look freakin' awesome. Not the same generic stuff from Napa Auto parts or other similar stores. I thought they were factory, but I can't find anyone that knows what I'm talking about. So now here I am asking you guys. Would you buy one of these for yourself? Do you think they look cool? I'd try to get them color-keyed! Let me know! Oh by the way, I have googled and tried ebay...no thank you.
that actually doesnt look too bad, and if it does the trick, sweet!! i like the color matched ones on steviestyles truck for the color match, but yours arent bad man.

edit-just realized you didnt have these on your truck......i'll do some looking and see what i can find.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #12
CRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to all

Name: MARK
CRIMAR30's Tacoma Gallery
Side door molding

My Speedway Blue Install.
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!-dsc00947.jpg   Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!-dsc00948.jpg   Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!-dsc00949.jpg   Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!-dsc00950.jpg   Tacoma Side Door Molding! Need one? I do!!!-dsc00951.jpg  

Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #13
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
looks good nice job how much?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
CRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to allCRIMAR30 is a name known to all

Side molding

$130, Automotive Concepts.com, Do it yourself.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the black looks okay. if you color match, and a car door dings the paint off, wont it still look like crap? is the black, painted? or is the black the molded plastic color? i like it. my truck looks war torn.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #16
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery

One of the first things i did to truck.
Nerf bars on the sides, to stop door dings.
Bull bar for some up front protection
Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #17
griffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shedgriffin407c is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: POL/Fuels
Name: Ryan
griffin407c's Tacoma Gallery
is there anyone that has these automotive concepts side moldings and has had problems? i just mounted mine on the passenger side and it looks like they don't sit properly. the plastic pieces are flat and the door has a curve.... no matter where they tell you to mount them. just wondering if anyone has had them fall off. it looks like the tape isn't sticking all the way or in every spot that it should be.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #18

side molding

I've had mine for about six monbths, and have not had any problems.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #19
Ocean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really niceOcean's is just really nice

Ocean's's Tacoma Gallery
Door Dings Add Character...

I put one on my New truck the first week.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
The MOST Badass Offroad Truck
BravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBravesFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
BravesFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean's View Post
Door Dings Add Character...

I put one on my New truck the first week.
I added a new access cab door and rear left fender in the first week