Originally Posted by Foihdzas
The only problem I have with the new computer controlled LSD is that it retards the engine, and when you need engine speed AND LSD, you can't get both...
ONLY IN 2WD TRAC, NOT IN 2WD AUTO LSD and NOT IN 4WD.
(you see friends, even though this information has been posted by me for a year and many others, people still don't know how it works)
This used to be my signature... It is the 9 drive modes we '09+ Off Road 4WD Tacomas have:
1) 2WD: VSC and TRAC active, engine regulated ('Limited Slip Lite').
2) 2WD: 'AUTO LSD' ('TRAC OFF MODE'). No engine regulation for 'strong' limited slip.
3) 2WD: 'VSC OFF MODE' (TRAC is off for 'open differential').
4) 4WD-Hi: VSC and TRAC active. No engine regulation for 'strong' limited slip.
5) 4WD-Hi: 'VSC OFF MODE' (TRAC is off for 'open differentials').
6) 4WD-Lo: VSC and TRAC are both off in L4 ('open differentials').
7) 4WD-Lo: 'A-TRAC' on gives a 'locker-like, super strong' limited slip, front and rear.
8) 4WD-Lo: Rear Differential Locked and open front differential (A-TRAC off).
9) 4WD-Lo: RR DIFF LOCK + A-TRAC on, 3 MPH limit.
Only the Off Road 4WD Tacomas have a hydraulic brake booster (for the A-TRAC system).
Now, the 2WD Tacomas have modes 1-3 and the Off Road 2WD Tacomas have 1-3 + a locking rear differential.
The 4WD non-Off Road Tacomas have modes 1-6.