Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toneau Cover - Which one is everyone using?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #21
Sigo is on a distinguished road
Name: Bruce
Sigo's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an Undercover SE. Like it so far.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a cover out there that is flush with the bed? Meaning it doesnt sit on top of the bed rails. I want something like a flush piece of fiberglass. Any ideas?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #23
adammikolon will become famous soon enoughadammikolon will become famous soon enough
Name: Adam
adammikolon's Tacoma Gallery
I have an access roll up cover, I don't know what model or anything cuz it was on the truck when I bought it. It's slightly higher than flush, like maybe an inch, and it rolls up pretty nicely. The side velcro is a little annoying but I don't use my bed much anyway
Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #24
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Is there a cover out there that is flush with the bed? Meaning it doesnt sit on top of the bed rails. I want something like a flush piece of fiberglass. Any ideas?
Pace Edwards makes one. They are pricey, and are plastic, not fiberglass though.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #25
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Pace Edwards makes one. They are pricey, and are plastic, not fiberglass though.
Thanks man. Hmm that looks alot like the one for Truck Covers USA. Which model were you looking at that was plastic? It looks like they are aluminum for the three models I saw on their site. That might be better than what I envisioned as I was thinking a solid piece that I would have to remove prior to leaving the house if I was going to haul something. Now does anyone know if the Pace Edwards design will allow you to still haul a bike in the bed? I am wondering if the compartment that holds the cover when its rolled up will interfere with how far the front wheel can go forward. The reason I ask is if I have to take it off I might as well settle on a solid piece...less to go wrong with it I am thinking. The roll up design looks like it could mess up and get hung or something.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #26
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammikolon View Post
I have an access roll up cover, I don't know what model or anything cuz it was on the truck when I bought it. It's slightly higher than flush, like maybe an inch, and it rolls up pretty nicely. The side velcro is a little annoying but I don't use my bed much anyway
I think the velcro is much better than the snap rail types or the ones with buttons...especially when it expands and contracts with weather conditions.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #27
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Advantage Torza top

Very happy with it. Completely off in about 2 minutes, back on in 3. No mods needed.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #29
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Whichever one you decice, make sure you check prices from Truck Alterations.com - they're a tacomaworld sponsor and they're prices beat everyone else with a beater stick.

http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html

Bought my Truxedo LoPro QT from them last week.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #30
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man. Hmm that looks alot like the one for Truck Covers USA. Which model were you looking at that was plastic? It looks like they are aluminum for the three models I saw on their site. That might be better than what I envisioned as I was thinking a solid piece that I would have to remove prior to leaving the house if I was going to haul something. Now does anyone know if the Pace Edwards design will allow you to still haul a bike in the bed? I am wondering if the compartment that holds the cover when its rolled up will interfere with how far the front wheel can go forward. The reason I ask is if I have to take it off I might as well settle on a solid piece...less to go wrong with it I am thinking. The roll up design looks like it could mess up and get hung or something.
Uh oh maybe it's actually aluminum....I didn't have one in mind, I just thought they were a hard plastic, but I'm probably wrong.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM   #31
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Extang Tuff tonneou cover for a couple years and it hasnt given me any issues so far. Its no the priciest and nicest one but it works well for me.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #32
Vraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Vraptor's Tacoma Gallery
Fold A Cover G4 Elite. Love it.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #34
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
Quote:
you should look into getting the Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Tonneau Cover <-click for link

its about the same price as a Snugtop SL but its retractable and sits flush to the bedsides fenders...
Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #35
scriber007 is on a distinguished road
scriber007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by noneck180 View Post
Got mine at the dealership..tri-fold..comes off in seconds..no lock,,but neither does my tailgate..

So this kind of tonno cover can be easily stolen? Because of the easy clamp on design right.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #36
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Truxedo Lo Pro QT for about 3 weeks and have been impressed so far with it. Easy to roll up and takes only a few seconds, same goes for unrolling it too. We had some pretty heavy rain too and it has kept most of the rain out. It works good with the Pop n Lock and I can lock my stuff in the back now.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #37
str8up50 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: will
str8up50's Tacoma Gallery
Undercover SE...no velcro here
Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 AM   #38
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Bakflip G2
Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #39
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E. fiberglass painted to match cover it locks and when it is you cant open the tailgate and I love the way it looks on my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Toneau Cover - Which one is everyone using?-dsc00272.jpg   Toneau Cover - Which one is everyone using?-dsc00277.jpg  
Old 11-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #40
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by azgunrunner View Post
I'm thinking about getting one of those roll top covers, like a Retrax or something.
I've wondered how those hold up against leaks because of the construction.

Products Discussed in this Thread