Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toneau Cover - Which one is everyone using?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
Black Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Sheep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 6 years PA Army National Guard, 28th Infantry Division, 28th Signal Battalion
Name: Jeff
Black Sheep's Tacoma Gallery
Toneau Cover - Which one is everyone using?

I am now looking for a Toneau cover. I found one on Ebay, the Tonno Pro, for $269. My local truck accessory place has one for $350. Anyone have any info or advice on one? I want to get one pretty quick.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
Been pleased with my BakFlip cover.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just recently installed the TRUXEDO low pro qt and I like it so far. Very easy to use.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
\m/.....\m/
ph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedph16drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ph16drive's Tacoma Gallery
I have the undercover which is a hard cover that hinges open and has two gas springs for help. (http://www.undercoverinfo.com/) They do make a single lock style but that's not the one I have.

PROS:
+VERY easy to maintain and keep looking great
+Very sturdy and seals out water/snow as well as thieves
+Easy to remove and store (1 person can do it)
+Has a LED light (not the brightest but just enough in the dark)

CONS:
-two locks/levers but you can buy them with one lock
-sometimes is a pain when you have something in the bed that is just a bit higher than the cover itself.
-pretty pricey
Old 10-27-2010, 04:30 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Lund Genesis soft tonneau. It was cheap and I absolutely did not want a snap cover. I like it because it sits on top of the bed rails so there's more clearance for things you put in the bed vs tonneaus that sit flush with the rails (I have a big cooler I go camping with that's the same height as the bed rails so this was important for me). Very easy to roll up and out of the way or remove if you wish. It came with a big steel box piece to fill the gap at the front of the bed which I never installed. It blocked the entire front bed rail so I just stuck a piece of foam in the gap and so far it supports itself just fine (2 years and counting).
Old 10-27-2010, 08:17 AM   #8
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
i have an access softcover,like it alot
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Fold A Cover G4 Elite. It's a hard foldable cover and I'm really happy with it.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
EFX Trifold (same as the Advantage tri-fold, just rebranded) Love it.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #11
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
im lovin my Undercover so far
Old 10-27-2010, 08:32 AM   #12
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
Fold A Cover G4 Elite. Very happy with it.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
claw is on a distinguished road
Name: Cam
claw's Tacoma Gallery
x2 Truxedo LoPro QT. Simple install, seems watertight so far, very small footprint (everything is still accessible when the cover is rolled up)
Old 10-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #14
whattheheck is on a distinguished road
Name: John
whattheheck's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Roll-n-lock cover and have had no issues with it.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:17 AM   #15
superminsoo is on a distinguished road

superminsoo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to superminsoo
Snuglid SL from Snugtop. Best looking one out there imo. Keeps things 100% dry and locks the tailgate. Couple downsides are that you have to push it down to open it, the inside bolts rusted, and it cost 900 but i'm satisfied.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #16
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by superminsoo View Post
Snuglid SL from Snugtop. Best looking one out there imo. Keeps things 100% dry and locks the tailgate. Couple downsides are that you have to push it down to open it, the inside bolts rusted, and it cost 900 but i'm satisfied.
it does look nice, but my dad has the snuglid and its pretty heavy compared to the Undercover
Old 10-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #17
superminsoo is on a distinguished road

superminsoo's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to superminsoo
I've never used an undercover but they had some good reviews. There were only so many covers that came factory color matched.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I have the access literider. $280 shipped from truckalterations.com (vendor on here)

I love it! It rolls up and out of the way in seconds. The velcro makes dealing with weather changes easy (everyone knows the snaps can be a pain in the cold). Only leaks a trickle of water at the front in really heavy rain. Also with the Access (agricover) tonneau's the cross bars roll up with the cover so you don't have to store them. Also I still retain use of my factory tie down cleats.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #20
azgunrunner will become famous soon enoughazgunrunner will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Former LEO
Name: George
azgunrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about getting one of those roll top covers, like a Retrax or something.

Products Discussed in this Thread