Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How long for the Sport seats to "break in" ?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: and Army - 12 yrs total
Name: Chris
crazyman's Tacoma Gallery
How long for the Sport seats to "break in" ?

I've had my truck for a month now. Love it except for the sport seats. The bottom seems a little narrow. The side bolsters tend to dig into my legs.
My ass ain't that big either. I'm average height and weight.

I've got the seat back adjusted, so that is good to go.
I'm just wondering how long until the bottom softens up.

So for those with the sport seats, how long 'til they're broken in ?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #3
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
mine feel ok,i'm average i guess 6"01 245
Old 10-27-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Uhhh.... they don't..... atleast, I haven't noticed anything.

What do you consider average height & weight?
x2
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
Protected by Glock
Vidman will become famous soon enoughVidman will become famous soon enough
Name: Rick
Vidman's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are perfect for me..very very comfy to drive in. I,m 5' 9" and 185
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't really noticed a change in mine in 6 months that I've owned my truck.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
Not bothered....
crazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm 6' and 185 lbs. Maybe it's just my old bony ass. The seats seem a little narrow.
Time will tell. If not, I'll look into some aftermarket seats perhaps.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
The seats are narrow, no doubt in my mind. I've ridden in trucks with the standard SR5 seats and you can tell the difference. Remember these are Japanese trucks where the average size isn't very big.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I am a larger guy and I don't feel stuffed in?? I am a bit larger too 6'5" 250lbs. I actually like the amount of room overall. It lets the seat back so far I cannot even drive it all the way back, great truck for road sex, plenty of wiggle room. Yea but the seats are very comfortable, do you have a wide body perhaps? JOE>
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #11
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Narrow?
Yea.. your ass isn't as bony as you think it its.. ha if its anything like the real toyotas used to be they look and feel the same at mile 25 and 250k

I am a medium frame 6'2" 36 inch waist makes me look fatish...
When I was test driving the car I remember saying to the salesman.. "if I was any bigger these seats would be small, but instead they're just sporty".
THey're sport seats, they're supposed to be restrictive.. if they are too restrictive to you... you can try the cheap seats. You'll get a table out of it too. Careful though, all the wiring and all that comes with a modern air bag laden seat....
They're in-between ford sucky bolstered turds and gm's gargantuan platforms..
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepremiere View Post
The seats are narrow, no doubt in my mind. I've ridden in trucks with the standard SR5 seats and you can tell the difference. Remember these are Japanese trucks where the average size isn't very big.
nothing is japanese about it... made solely in/for america and friends since 2005. sport seats are designed to be restrictive.

im not trying to imply anything about you or the op... but i dont think we should be building cars for obese america yet... im described as huge by my coworkers... t fit in between the bolsters as design intended.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppyjoe View Post
I am a larger guy and I don't feel stuffed in?? I am a bit larger too 6'5" 250lbs. I actually like the amount of room overall. It lets the seat back so far I cannot even drive it all the way back...
+1 - 6'3" 220lbs. The truck is super roomy compared to my old 2000 Tacoma PreRunner. This is the first car I've owned where I have to pull the seat forward to reach the pedals I think the seats are restrictive too, but, I think that's the point of them...keeps you in place while bounding down dirt roads...
Old 10-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #14
Not bothered....

One last time....

I'm not a big guy or a small guy. Medium.
Yes the sport seats are narrow. I Knew that when I bought the truck. I know the difference with the SR5 seats too. 7 test drives in different models. Got it.

I'm not really complaining as such. Just noticing that the seats are narrow for my butt. Legs actually, outer thighs. My butt sits just fine. It's just that NEW seats haven't yet compressed / softened to fit. I'm guessing they will over time. Or I'll get used to the way they feel.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #15
db2 is on a distinguished road
db2's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is an '06 and it feels just like an '11. I don't think they break in much if at all..
Old 10-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #16
Not bothered....

Then I'll just have to get used to it. Good thing I'm adaptable.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #17
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyman View Post
One last time....

I'm not a big guy or a small guy. Medium.
Yes the sport seats are narrow. I Knew that when I bought the truck. I know the difference with the SR5 seats too. 7 test drives in different models. Got it.

I'm not really complaining as such. Just noticing that the seats are narrow for my butt. Legs actually, outer thighs. My butt sits just fine. It's just that NEW seats haven't yet compressed / softened to fit. I'm guessing they will over time. Or I'll get used to the way they feel.
I agree with you 100%. I find these sport seats to dig into my thighs. I think it has actually cause some pain in my ass .. I was thinking of using some soft of seat pad to help even the seat out ... I miss the flat bench of my '95 .. I almost wish I could swap my sport seat for a non sport seat and still have it match the rest of the truck.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #18
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds to me like you just need to drop a few lbs.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDodger View Post
Sounds to me like you just need to drop a few lbs.
well yeah, but im looking for the easy way here.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #20
blkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblkbelt42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blkbelt42's Tacoma Gallery
same here, the back area where your lats rest is tight as hell with
these seats. feels like you're getting the air squeezed out of you!