LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

shocks vs. coils...for the front lift to compliment the rear TSB springs?

Old 10-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
shocks vs. coils...for the front lift to compliment the rear TSB springs?

Is there a 1" coil, or is my only option the Eibach 1-1/2" or OME 1-1/2"?

And if I go with the 1-1/2" coils...will it be front high w/ a sagging rear?

Or, do I just say eff-it and go with the 5100's set at .85?

I don't rock climb or "wheel"...I do haul full loads and tow occasionally.

I got the TSB for load. the lift is nice...but I want to raise the front...maintaining a factory look and ride (just a little higher). I rather have the rear a bit higher unloaded, but level is probably ok.

Also, I'll be upgrading the Dunlap 245/75's for some 265/75 tires in the future.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Brunes. Check out skistoy's truck. He has the billy's at 0.85 with the TSB, and is close to factory rake.

If you want to be level, set them at 1.75. See my build for how that will look.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Hey Buddy ...
J Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant futureJ Diggin has a brilliant future

J Diggin's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting the new TSB springs Friday. I will be curious to see how different it looks. Sounds like I should give it a few months to settle down before messing with the front end.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Just figure on it settling to about 1" of rear lift and go from there...no need to wait.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I agree with Brunes. Check out skistoy's truck. He has the billy's at 0.85 with the TSB, and is close to factory rake.

If you want to be level, set them at 1.75. See my build for how that will look.
Thanks man.

Your build is awesome.

I like the level look @ 1.75 as well...but with the 245's and even with future 265's...it probably wouldn't look as good as your's with those 18" wheels.